new Wii U pre sale trailer for Dragon Quest X

#1xenosaga123Posted 3/8/2013 7:27:15 PM
New presale trailer http://gematsu.com/2013/03/dragon-quest-x-wii-u-pre-sale-trailer
#2RahzarXPosted 3/8/2013 7:28:48 PM
They'd do themselves a favour by dropping the chronological number.

No one wants to start a series on number TEN.

I wish developers understood this, use a subtitle!

Even if it has NOTHING to do with the next game, like Final Fantasy, it bothers some of us, enough that we won't buy the game, that's less money for them.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#3Prince ShondronaiPosted 3/8/2013 7:36:39 PM
RahzarX posted...

Were you angry that you couldn't play MegaMan 9 before MegaMan X? Just think of it that way. Just keep telling yourself it's a letter, not a number.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#4YoyokuKOPosted 3/8/2013 7:39:16 PM
X brand = MMO
10 = continuation
#5FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/8/2013 7:40:44 PM
RahzarX posted...
They'd do themselves a favour by dropping the chronological number.

I wish developers understood this, use a subtitle!

Even if it has NOTHING to do with the next game, like Final Fantasy, it bothers some of us, enough that we won't buy the game, that's less money for them.

of all the things in gaming you can complain about you pick one that is just dumb to complain about? WTF is wrong people these days, I mean seriously is a fricken number get over it.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#6LokarinPosted 3/8/2013 7:47:11 PM
Oh ya! I forgot Dragon Quest X was even a thing!

Are they gunna do monthly fees in the west here? Ifso, is it non-subscription? I don't mind monthlies but I HATE subscription.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#7FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/8/2013 7:54:47 PM
Lokarin posted...
Oh ya! I forgot Dragon Quest X was even a thing!

Are they gunna do monthly fees in the west here? Ifso, is it non-subscription? I don't mind monthlies but I HATE subscription.

will probably be like ffxi and ff14 which offer both
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#8RahzarXPosted 3/8/2013 9:34:51 PM
Prince Shondronai posted...
RahzarX posted...

Were you angry that you couldn't play MegaMan 9 before MegaMan X? Just think of it that way. Just keep telling yourself it's a letter, not a number.

But that's not fair, Mega Man X is not Mega Man 10. Dragon Quest X is actually Dragon Quest 10.

For an example, when Mega Man 9 came out, I had to play every Mega Man in order just so I could play 9 without thinking I was losing out on something.

If I'm like that, I guarantee there's probably thousands of others in the same boat. There's no point in putting a number after a title unless it follows a story or something.

Subtitles are for media that relate to but do not connect to, a previous title.

Numbers are for direct sequels that correlate and connect to the previous title.

There are few exceptions like Rambo's sequels and Star Wars which started out as a standalone STAR WARS and then changed to Episode IV after reception.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#9P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/8/2013 9:48:38 PM
Sounds like you have an odd psychological block about that.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#10RahzarXPosted 3/8/2013 9:55:05 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Sounds like you have an odd psychological block about that.

I really do.

Recently with Resistance, had to buy the entire pack and plow through 2 games just to see what the hype was about for 3.

The worst example of this for me ever, was when I tried to play Twilight Princess...

Yep, that's right, I went back and played EVERY ZELDA GAME, just to play TP.

*sigh* I hate numbers....
---