new Wii U pre sale trailer for Dragon Quest X

#21RahzarXPosted 3/9/2013 12:53:22 PM
x2link777 posted...
RahzarX posted...

I don't think you understand what logic is...

I never said THE MASSES

I said a few thousand people.

How many people do you think there are on this planet?

A few thousand people is enough for a tidy profit, one that is going to be missed out on just by using a number.

Does this upset you?

THIS is how you completely shoot yourself in the foot so bad double-amputees feel sorry for you.. You do not understand even the most basic, mathematical ideas of the word logic. A "few thousand" people, in a world populated by some 7 billion people, is laughable at best. Especially if you take into account the myriad of variables that would further dwindle that number.

Yah that's how good business works lol

This is why you'll never be anything more than an employee.

Here's what you don't understand.

Not EVERYONE in the world is going to buy Dragon Quest X

It only sold close to 700k copies in Japan and that was on the Wii

It's a Wii U MMORPG.

On a console with only 3 million in install base, thousands of people matter.

Do you even understand what 3000 units equates to in profit?

Over 100 grand, that's enough to pay 1 or 2 peoples salary for the year.

I explain things to people, because I'm a nice guy.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#22x2link777Posted 3/9/2013 1:02:40 PM
RahzarX posted...

It's a Wii U MMORPG.

The only thing youve explained is just how bad you flunked Math and Business classes in school. 3k units is not even chump change when it comes to game sells. 3k is less than half a percent point of that 700k units sold. And that's making the assumption that these supposed 3k people all live in the same region(since you clearly lack the knowledge that there's in fact 3 major, and many minor regions when it comes to this industry) and all 3000 of these people would even buy the game, let alone even have a Wii U.

Next time you want to try and "be smart" in a topic, do some basic math, and actually think out a few of the possible variables that would affect that math.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#23RahzarXPosted 3/9/2013 1:09:44 PM
x2link777 posted...
RahzarX posted...

It's a Wii U MMORPG.

The only thing youve explained is just how bad you flunked Math and Business classes in school. 3k units is not even chump change when it comes to game sells. 3k is less than half a percent point of that 700k units sold. And that's making the assumption that these supposed 3k people all live in the same region(since you clearly lack the knowledge that there's in fact 3 major, and many minor regions when it comes to this industry) and all 3000 of these people would even buy the game, let alone even have a Wii U.

Next time you want to try and "be smart" in a topic, do some basic math, and actually think out a few of the possible variables that would affect that math.

There are no signs of intelligent life here. Should we move on Captain?

Let's try one last time, this time, I'll use basic stuff so you can understand.

We're using 3000 as a number of people who we assume WILL IN FACT buy the game. Got it? Greaaaaat.

So we have appx 150k dollars in profit that can be earned by not including a number.

Now, we have the rest of the people, who don't care either way. They will buy the game regardless.

It will cost our company zero dollars to simply, NOT put a number in the title.

Do you see where were headed? lol yaaah you do

So we just drop the number, add a couple hundred thousand bones to the pile and wambabalam, we've paid some bills!

We're a great team you and I!
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#24x2link777Posted 3/9/2013 1:21:52 PM
RahzarX posted...

We're using 3000 as a number of people who we assume WILL IN FACT buy the game. Got it? Greaaaaat.

So we have appx 150k dollars in profit that can be earned by not including a number.

Now, we have the rest of the people, who don't care either way. They will buy the game regardless.

So we just drop the number, add a couple hundred thousand bones to the pile and wambabalam, we've paid some bills!

It's OK to admit you were wrong. because you are. You prove it even further here. You don't even know how the profit of a sold game works. Squarenix doesn't just sell 3k copies and make $150k. Of course if you had clue one about how business worked you'd know that. But I don't expect you to, so go one, throw another tired petty insult my way and blabber on more.
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#25RahzarXPosted 3/9/2013 1:32:20 PM
x2link777 posted...
RahzarX posted...

It's OK to admit you were wrong. because you are. You prove it even further here. You don't even know how the profit of a sold game works. Squarenix doesn't just sell 3k copies and make $150k. Of course if you had clue one about how business worked you'd know that. But I don't expect you to, so go one, throw another tired petty insult my way and blabber on more.

It'ssssss MATH TIME! na na na nan na nan na MATH TIME!

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2011/04/29/how-your-60-video-game-is-chopped-up/

So, we have 30% Publisher Fee, 15% Developer Fee, 15% Marketing, 20% Hardware Maker, 20% Retailer! That's 100% THE WHOLE PIE!

Alright moving on, Square Enix both develops AND Publishes Dragon Quest! SWEET DEAL!

So that means they make 45% on each game sold! Holy canoodles!

Now we also have to take into account that digital distribution is a bigger factor now than it was in 2011, so lets bump 5% off of that retailer and into the hands of the publisher!

So we're at 50% profit PER UNIT! Dayyyum, lots of sweet, sweet moolah!

So, Dragon Quest X is probably going to be 50.00, that's fair? Right? Yah dats fair!

So 25 bucks per game sold!

We're using a base 3000 as people like me who can't stand playing sequels.

Basic, basic, super basic math time! Nana nanananana BASIC BASIC SUPER BASIC MATH TIME!!!!

3000 x 25.00 = 75,000.00

Well crap, not quite the mountain of cash that is 100k, but still, enough to pay for the entire Art and Animation side of the development!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/04/03/how-much-do-game-developers-make

Are we there yet? Do we need to go further into this rabbit hole of mystery?
---
#26x2link777Posted 3/9/2013 1:43:39 PM
@RahzarX, I think its past time for your medication, seriously. I dont think I've ever seen a post so blatatly bad as that last one, and I'm not even talking of the subject matter. Just the actual post. Dont take this the wrong way and think Im calling you anything, but that last post does indeed make you look extremely immature and childish.

Now onto the subject matter, even in the "best possible scenario" laid out, 3k units and $75k profit is still laughable at best. It's literally not even pocket change to a company like SqaureEnix. And again, thats taking a hell of a lot of assumptions into account, assumptions that in any real world scenario, at least half of which would not pan out.
---
#27RahzarXPosted 3/9/2013 1:44:39 PM
x2link777 posted...
@RahzarX, I think its past time for your medication, seriously. I dont think I've ever seen a post so blatatly bad as that last one, and I'm not even talking of the subject matter. Just the actual post. Dont take this the wrong way and think Im calling you anything, but that last post does indeed make you look extremely immature and childish.

Now onto the subject matter, even in the "best possible scenario" laid out, 3k units and $75k profit is still laughable at best. It's literally not even pocket change to a company like SqaureEnix. And again, thats taking a hell of a lot of assumptions into account, assumptions that in any real world scenario, at least half of which would not pan out.

It was not immature and childish.

YOURE IMMATURE AND CHILDISH
---
#28Bahamut_10thPosted 3/9/2013 1:55:59 PM
lol online game with both monthly/subscription AND cash items.

Even Dragon Quest isn't safe from the SE that made All The Bravest.