Why is Nintendo advertising Windwaker Wii U on Amazon for 59.99?

#11LokarinPosted 3/8/2013 9:01:15 PM
It's just EB Games being silly. The price usually normalizes at launch.
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#12PG50Posted 3/8/2013 9:03:12 PM
Lokarin posted...
It's just EB Games being silly. The price usually normalizes at launch.

That is silly.

I see no problem with a game being 60$ even if it's a remake. I'll probably buy it when it comes out, doubt I'll wait to buy it used.
#13NejiHyuga900Posted 3/8/2013 9:38:20 PM
Ocarina of Time 3D was full price, so I already expected this to be full price.

True.

And I am looking forward to the Wii U remake. I do have the game for GameCube but I never finished it and I don't know where my GameCube is so yeah, definitely looking forward to this remake. I am currently focused on pre-ordering it before I get anything else on Amazon. I already got Pokémon X pre-ordered (but I can cancel that anytime I want and get The Wind Waker pre-ordered first but it doesn't really matter as I am getting both games anyway).
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#14OzzieArcanePosted 3/8/2013 9:42:29 PM
PG50 posted...
Lokarin posted...
They have it advertised at $79.99 here... but that's 'cuz Canada. No choice but to wait for used.

They do? Is there something about Canada that means they have to advertise it 20 dollars higher than normal? I've never seen a game higher than 70 dollars here, and most are 60 before tax.

Everything is more expensive in Canada. It's a hold over from when the Canadian dollar was less valuable then the US dollar. Go to a magazine rack somewhere, most magazines have the US and Canadian price printed on them. The Canadian price is always a dollar or so more even though the value of their money has gotten higher then ours several times during this recession.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com