Yu Suzuki >shigeru miyamoto

#1shaunmePosted 3/9/2013 2:33:02 AM
Discuss
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#2ImGanondorfLolPosted 3/9/2013 2:33:31 AM
I don't know who he is, but I disagree.
#3shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 2:35:56 AM
ImGanondorfLol posted...

you encapsulate the mindset of this entire board.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#4AllConsoleLoverPosted 3/9/2013 2:38:26 AM
ImGanondorfLol posted...

main character of the anime yu yu hakishu
---
I'm a fan of every console
#5DarkAdonis123Posted 3/9/2013 2:50:24 AM
shaunme posted...
ImGanondorfLol posted...

you encapsulate the mindset of this entire board.

Lol
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#6FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/9/2013 2:52:33 AM
the only series of his i have liked is Shenmue where as whith miyamoto i like alot of his work so for me personally i gotta go with miyamoto.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#7Big_IsaacPosted 3/9/2013 2:55:00 AM
a guy who made a bunch of obscure IPs vs. a guy who made some of gaming's most iconic characters, including perhaps the most famous of all (Mario)
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#8Skill4ReelPosted 3/9/2013 3:27:56 AM(edited)
Anyone could argue that in the early years when Yu Suzuki was at Sega, the company was hitting it's stride creatively. It is funny to see his name mentioned considering there is a total lack of respect for arcade gaming these days by the media and the people who play. Especially considering many of Yu Suzuki's greatest gaming achievements were in the arcades.

I can see the comparison to Miyamoto as at one time Suzuki's games were the face of the Sega brand, but what specifically are we analyzing here?

Sure Miyamoto has never made a game like Shenmue, but then Shenmue whether you liked it or not was a commercial failure. Now we have an over saturated simulation racing genre. A game like Ferrari 355 is long forgotten. Which is a shame because the title still holds up well to today's standards.

I really value both Miyamoto's and Suzuki's contributions to this hobby, but as much as I feel that Yu Suzuki's greatness is overlooked. Miyamoto's career is superior because of what he still does and the influence that he continues to have on Nintendo products.
#9uneedtowakeupPosted 3/9/2013 3:25:49 AM
Miyamoto is like an old rock star.

Amazing in their prime, not so amazing these days, but we still don't want them to retire.
#10shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 4:07:05 AM
Skill4Reel posted...
Anyone could argue that in the early years when Yu Suzuki was at Sega, the company was hitting it's stride creatively. It is funny to see his name mentioned considering there is a total lack of respect for arcade gaming these days by the media and the people who play. Especially considering many of Yu Suzuki's greatest gaming achievements were in the arcades.

I can see the comparison to Miyamoto as at one time Suzuki's games were the face of the Sega brand, but what specifically are we analyzing here?

Sure Miyamoto has never made a game like Shenmue, but then Shenmue whether you liked it or not was a commercial failure. Now we have an over saturated simulation racing genre. A game like Ferrari 355 is long forgotten. Which is a shame because the title still holds up well to today's standards.

I really value both Miyamoto's and Suzuki's contributions to this hobby, but as much as I feel that Yu Suzuki's greatness is overlooked. Miyamoto's career is superior because of what he still does and the influence that he continues to have on Nintendo products.

good post, its all down to personal preference.
---