Miyamoto: Wii U interface performance to be improved 'by summer'

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/9/2013 8:01:03 AM
"Since the system was released, we've spent a great deal of time looking at how people are using it and where they feel it can be improved, and we're currently continuing out preparations for this first major system update that's coming," he said in an interview with Time.
"What we want to do is make sure that when we release it, that we address as many of the different opinions about how people would like to see the system improve as we can at once. We hope to cover a wide range of requests while simultaneously ensuring it's a very stable update to the system," said Miyamoto.

The Wii U's system user interface has been widely criticised for its long load times when switching between games, on-board applications and menu screens.

Speaking during a Nintendo Direct broadcast in January, company president Satoru Iwata apologised to Wii U owners who believe the loading times between selecting a game and playing it are far too long.

Without offering a definitive date, Miyamoto said, "We think that by this summer, the system is going to be very much improved over how it's performing currently."

Miyamoto recently told press that Nintendo is working on at least one project that will utilise the Wii U GamePad's built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) functionality as a matter of high priority.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/395227/miyamoto-wii-u-interface-performance-to-be-improved-by-summer/
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#2IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/9/2013 8:02:31 AM
I am actually noticing a difference with the latest update already, doesn't take nearly as long to go between screens and the like. It's pretty cool to say the least. So by the time summer rolls around, hopefully load times will be virtually non-existent and the big guns will be shown. Everyone and their mom is gonna want one of these badboys.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#3JackalPosted 3/9/2013 8:17:00 AM
Crash. Bricking. Consoles being sold that aren't updated to whatever version they are on right now. Major systems updates to coming. The choice is clear for me now. Do the Adobe upgrade and buy this much much later. Like 2014. Maybe they will have this these things properly updated and upgraded when they hit the shelves.

This console gets the 360 treatment for now.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#4P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 8:29:06 AM
@Jackal

This is nowhere near as bad as the 360. And he's talking about the OS speed. They already patched the other issues.
---
#5IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/9/2013 8:30:41 AM
^ Indeed, the interface for the Wii U is pretty solid. An evolution of the interface of the 3DS and Wii. I also like using the sucker as a TV remote, if I were to get an HD box in my room, hell yeah I'd be using it daily just for that alone.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#621_21Posted 3/9/2013 9:02:59 AM
How about decrease the loading time from when I select the game? Or how about loading time in general?
---
Currently playing:
999, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#7shaunmePosted 3/9/2013 10:19:57 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
@Jackal

This is nowhere near as bad as the 360. And he's talking about the OS speed. They already patched the other issues.

they patched

No DVD
No blu ray
No cd
No portable media
No games??????

WOWZA
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#8P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 10:09:20 AM
Bump
---
#9StickMen1090Posted 3/10/2013 8:02:37 PM
shaunme posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
@Jackal

they patched

No DVD
No blu ray
No cd
No portable media
No games??????

WOWZA

is Sony gonna patch that no CD's for PS4?
#10Warm_TapePosted 3/10/2013 8:19:27 PM
I like the interface. I think it is aesthetically pleasing. It may run a bit slow at times but it's not bad and has a certain smoothness to it, and by that i mean when i click something, it starts to load, it doesn't lag on the screen i just clicked and for me that is big.
---
Trust me, when it comes to sticking things up my butt, I know what I'm talking about. - synth_real