#11Prince ShondronaiPosted 3/9/2013 8:33:02 AM
ElGado posted...
Prince Shondronai posted...
1. Smash Brothers
2. Mario
3. Zelda
4. Pokemon
5. Mario Kart

If those games had enough "pull" like you claim, Nintendo wouldn't have posted a 500 million dollar loss. NSMBU wasn't enough to push Wii U's proven by the lowered sales predictions by Nintendo.

In today's age these mediocre games just don't have as much appeal as they once did. More of been there done that.

New Super Mario Brothers U is only one game. The titles I listed will be much stronger, besides. Combined, they'll be more than enough to keep Nintendo in profitability.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#12excitebike64Posted 3/9/2013 8:39:42 AM
Since you were honest about it, I'll give it a go.
Knowing before hand being knocked down. :)

Reason One: Nintendo is still the Kleenex of Video Games. Despite how much Sony gained in the business, for many people (especially with kids), Nintendo is where they go first.

Reason Two: PS4 is not backwards compatible, and highly likely the Nextbox won't be either. So many people who would have bought the newer generations of the competition will end up waiting since they can't trade in the old for the new. Very common practice, actually. Not to mention, they will make the old networks obsolete in about 5 years. And while they wait, many more gamers will buy the WIiU knowing it will play the Wii games and have access to the older network games.

Reason Three: The mascots, all the IPs that Nintendo owns will sell the WiiU. Some gamers go for Mario. Others go for Zelda. Others go for F-Zero. And even others go for games like Animal Crossing. They are not all out, but I see all these IPs and then some claiming a home on the WiiU either directly as hardcopies, or indirectly as DL content.

Reason Four: The WiiU will be the cheaper option for many years vs the other competitions 8th gen offerings.

Reason Five: The average consumer really, literally, will not notice the graphical differences from the competition for many years to come. The average consumer just does not know the differences. The differences will also be subtle for the first few years because it will take a few years to develop games that will actually take advantage of the PS4. Look at old vs new PS3 games. They have vast differences. This will take time, and during that time WiiU games will begin to even look better. Games like Need For Speed already do this, and Bayonnetta 2 undoubtedly will look amazing. X, also appears amazing and is free roaming.
#13Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/9/2013 8:41:49 AM
1: Momentum. 360 probably would have been unstoppable with its head start had it not been for the RRoD. This time it's Wii U with the head start, and no RRoD equivalent in sight.

2: Library head start. By the time PS3 and 360 roll around, they'll be around where Wii U is right now, with a relatively meager library, while the Wii U will be much more attractive with what games are released and announced between then and now.

3: Price. Sony and MS are power hungry, which drives up the costs of their consoles. I don't know about MS, but Sony isn't in a good position to sell the PS4 at a significant loss. Wii U will have the price advantage over it, if not both, and in today's economy, that's a substantial issue.

4: Exclusives. Nintendo carries the most well known and trusted game series' in the industry, games you can't get anywhere else with lots of followers. On top of that, unique innovation opens the console up to 3rd party games that simply aren't possible on other platforms.

5: Backwards compatibility. Everyone made their choices over what to have and what to skip between PS3, 360, and Wii. Those who skipped out on the Wii last gen will have access to Wii's fully developed library right off the bat with the purchase of a Wii U, whereas owners of the next PlayStation and Xbox will only have that generations games and what makes it to their online game stores.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#14ElGado(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 8:44:55 AM
Gonna have to get back with you guys. Good arguments though.
#15MegagunstarmanPosted 3/9/2013 8:46:17 AM
ElGado posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
There isn't five, here are only 2.

1. Nintendo's bank account
2. Nintendo fans buying anything Nintendo because it's Nintendo (ie brand name)

Nintendo doesn't have as much money anymore. A few more mistakes and they could go under just like Sega, THQ and everyone else.

Nintendo does have a strong fanbase, but the fanbase isn't strong enough to keep them afloat. Look at the Wii, it was the most "successful" and Nintendo still lands up taking a 500 million dollar loss.

Exactly. IIRC, Pachter predicted they would be bankrupt within a year. And because we know Pachter is always wrong, we know they'll be bankrupt much sooner than that.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#16Crazy_tank51Posted 3/9/2013 8:48:17 AM
ElGado posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
There isn't five, here are only 2.

1. Nintendo's bank account
2. Nintendo fans buying anything Nintendo because it's Nintendo (ie brand name)

Nintendo doesn't have as much money anymore. A few more mistakes and they could go under just like Sega, THQ and everyone else.

Nintendo does have a strong fanbase, but the fanbase isn't strong enough to keep them afloat. Look at the Wii, it was the most "successful" and Nintendo still lands up taking a 500 million dollar loss.

Except Sega didn't so much make a few more mistakes, rather crashed into a concrete wall and disintegrated with CD, 32X, Saturn, and Dreamcast. Not to mention they weren't sitting on $12 billion like Nintendo is.

And you also know why Ninty posted said loss? You better swing hard, boy.
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#17sonicsonicPosted 3/9/2013 8:53:43 AM
Nintendo's IP's and price.

With the PS4/720 being tipped for a end of year release. I can imagine Nintendo pulling the rug out from under them.

When the Vita launched it had a competitive price compared to the 3DS slightly more expensive, but a seriously more powerful piece of kit. What do Nintendo do? Drop the price and release Super Mario Land 3D and Kid Icarus.

Come Christmas I see the same thing happening. Nintnedo fans are always gonna buy Nintendo consoles. It's the casuals they want. So if the PS4 launches at 450 and Nintnendo do a 50 price drop and have Mario Kart out. What are parents going to buy ? 200 WiiU + Mario Kart or 450 PS4+ Killzone for their son.

WiiU isn't as big among casuals as the Wii was, but for those who would buy games consoles for children or just those who want to play a few games here and there... It is the console of choice.
#18ymmac1707Posted 3/9/2013 8:56:08 AM
1. Price
2. Nintendo IP
3. PS4/720 will over promise and under deliver in the Game Play department
4. Most HDTVs are 720p or 1080p....the extra GPU muscle the PS4/720 will be marginal.
5. The 720/PS4 still face heavy completion from STEAM, PC and tablet, due to similar price point.

P.S. The 720 will do very well due to Xbox live, tho.
#19DTY3Posted 3/9/2013 9:01:55 AM
Every time someone compares Nintendo to sega (in terms of financial situation) it just shows how little they know about the subject.

Protip: Sega had many outright failures before Dreamcast. Nintendo has not.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#20BroadwayGPUPosted 3/9/2013 9:07:25 AM
1. Sacred Japan Traidshun
2. Grand Minister of Entertainment Iwata
3. A RESISTIVE TOUCHSCREEN on the controller.
4. Familiar Graphics Technology powered by the Latte GPU
5. Rehashes of tired IPs.
---
#BroadwayGPUTopic