According to Patcher nintendo should exit the hardware business not Sony

#1ManjiMidouPosted 3/9/2013 12:51:23 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/bh15kg/pach-attack------the-hardware-business-makes-no-sense-for-nintendo--

He does go on to say ""Nintendo has enough money to keep them going for 50 years even if they lose money per year"

o_o

l guess in Patcher's eyes Sony will be in better states in the future....
---
He is Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Sausages.
#2Crazy_tank51Posted 3/9/2013 12:55:55 PM
PS4 failure confirmed.
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#3IokuaPosted 3/9/2013 12:57:53 PM
Patcher has zero understanding of the actual gaming market and his "analyses" turn out wrong the vast majority of the time. Really he's a guy who makes random guesses based on an understanding of business and market trends that don't apply to gaming and was lucky enough to get attention for it. Were someone to take away his soapbox, it would be come very clear that he has no idea what he's going on about very quickly.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#4MegagunstarmanPosted 3/9/2013 12:58:27 PM(edited)
He also said Nintendo was making a $100 profit per unit with the Wii when it launched, and it was actually $6 per unit.

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-s-profit-per-wii-sold-6-113206.phtml
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#5IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/9/2013 1:04:25 PM
Guys it's Fudge Pachter. Need I say more?
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#6dezmomoPosted 3/9/2013 1:08:48 PM
Does this guy have a day job?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#7thundercat2600Posted 3/9/2013 1:11:53 PM
This is why I love this board so much: you Nintendo fanboys shower so much attention on anybody who dares to say something negative about Nintendo.

You hope for some kind of circle jerk where you all reinforce each other's delusional pro-Nintendo opinions and shout down any naysayers.

You're so insecure, you feel the need to damage control anything that could ever be construed as bad news for Nintendo.

You yell "b-b-b-but Sony" in a futile attempt to change the topic whenever you start losing.

So keep up the good work. I have gotten a lot of entertainment watching this board implode. You people are getting exactly what you deserve.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#8MegagunstarmanPosted 3/9/2013 1:13:43 PM
dezmomo posted...
Does this guy have a day job?

Trollin is his day job.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#9steerepikePosted 3/9/2013 1:15:13 PM
Patcher has zero understanding of the actual gaming market and his "analyses" turn out wrong the vast majority of the time. Really he's a guy who makes random guesses based on an understanding of business and market trends that don't apply to gaming and was lucky enough to get attention for it. Were someone to take away his soapbox, it would be come very clear that he has no idea what he's going on about very quickly.

This. I have no doubt in my mind that Pachter is very good at making money. I believe that, on the whole, he has an amazing understanding of how business works, and what will make money. Just not this particular business. He reminds me a lot of my father. My dad is probably the smartest cat I know, and he's really adept at making money. However, when you start talking about video-games, he's lost. He speaks with confidence, like he would with any other business, but he is next to always wrong about the future of gaming.

I think Pachter's soapbox is damaging to him. I think in the long run it will prove to be a stroke of the worst luck that he has ever had. I feel sorry for him. It makes him look stupid, and I'm sure that he's not.
---
It hurted me...
#10james_hellerPosted 3/9/2013 1:16:06 PM
Wait, why does he believe Nintendo should leave when they have so much money to survive?

WTF?