According to Patcher nintendo should exit the hardware business not Sony

#21G1ingyPosted 3/9/2013 3:56:44 PM
ITT: Patcher fanboys defending their hero.
#22RelevenPosted 3/9/2013 4:12:05 PM
I am so sick of this guy, much less this topic.

First, all he operates off of is this hyper nationalistic "If it's not American, it automatically is horrible" mentality. Apparently anyone who doesn't operate in the exact same way American companies is insane for not doing so... even though most American companies are so far in the red for their excessive spending that over 150 went bankrupt. Great business model, genius.

Yes, let's get angry at Nintendo for not selling out like everyone else and whore out Mario on iphone. Maybe Disney should put Mickey Mouse on a breakfast cereal. It's called integrity, ass. Some companies still have it.

In regard to this "need to change" BS, if there was a need for change, they would. They're a company. They're in it to make money. Some people who usually DON'T play PS360 actually WANT to play games in the same way they did when they were a kid. What's wrong with that? People are still playing FPS games on those consoles, even 20 years after Wolfenstien. That's old too.

But there ARE people who like their games just the way they are. Maybe I DON'T want to see all of the VC games that I've bought be thrown on a cloud that can't be played when Annonymous hacks the PSN again. Maybe I DON'T want to be plugged into the net 24/7. Maybe I don't even really like the ignorant mass we call the internet. But Nintendo made it simple and fun. Great. Thanks. Yet another IMPROVEMENT that I'm thankful for.

What I'm not thankful for is when Sony exclaims that used games will not be taken away, and fanboys praise them for basically promising not to be a greedy ass in that one catagory... yet. They still took away BC and make you pay a lot for a cloud 'service' sometime, someday in the future. And people are thankful for that?? People defend that?? That's like someone saying "Today I'm not going to kick you in the groin," ... and you thank them for it. How is that a good thing? It's not an improvement, it's just a lack of pain that shouldn't be there in the first place.

...And yet, they're the ones who should stay because they've whored themselves out for more money a long time ago. Great. He spent the whole video calling the two people who are trying NOT to make this industry any worse than it already is senile and old.

So why do we support this crap? Nintendo has been operating just fine in the 30 years it's been making consoles. No one else can say that. Not even Sony who's been in the red for over 8 years now. Nintendo has been doing just fine because (suprise) PEOPLE LIKE THEM. No popularity means no sales. It's as simple as that. Yet supposedly they should go because... they make money?? And he calls himself an analyst? Anal cyst, maybe. Look at some facts. THEY PRINT MONEY. How is that a failure?

All of this ignorance is just plain upsetting. Gaming's quickly losing it's soul, it's not fun anymore because corporations like Sony are too busy bleeding people dry rather than creating fun original content. I find myself looking at retro games more than new ones for this very reason. So why do we support it??
---
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/
#23squatch22Posted 3/9/2013 4:12:12 PM
Pachter. Lol
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#24emagdnEPosted 3/9/2013 4:22:26 PM
Wii U is just a 8 year old gimmick attached to a 6 year old console.

fixed

reminder that DS exists
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#25ReedeemerPosted 3/9/2013 4:23:33 PM
Crazy_tank51 posted...
PS4 failure confirmed.

Thats honestly exactly how Patcher's predictions work.
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#26MotiJrPosted 3/9/2013 4:53:40 PM
PACHTER PACHTER PACHTER. He's a gigantic c u next thursday but at least say his name right.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#27Lefty128kPosted 3/9/2013 7:44:22 PM
Enigma149 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
MD1500 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Oh, someone stirred up the Drones nest.

Get over the floppage, Fanboys. Wii U is just a gimmick attached to a 6 year old console. Of course it wasn't gonna sell well.

And for you "it's the economy" fanboys, well people still seem to have money to buy Android and Apple products at $300+ a pop. They've chosen not to buy a Wii U.

Umm, hate to break it to you, but the Wii U is selling far better than PS360 did at this point in time....

Bull crap. Wii U sold worse in January than 360 or PS3 ever did in their worst months.

And considerably better in November and December than the 360 or PS3 did. Hence, better at this point in time (well...that might not be accurate once February sales numbers come out, but as of the last official sales numbers it was).

Lefty128k posted...
Oh, someone stirred up the Drones nest.

Get over the floppage, Fanboys. Wii U is just a gimmick attached to a 6 year old console. Of course it wasn't gonna sell well.

And for you "it's the economy" fanboys, well people still seem to have money to buy Android and Apple products at $300+ a pop. They've chosen not to buy a Wii U.

Figures you of all people would defend Pachter.

What? No stalker list of my previous posts, like the last time?

BTW, I noticed you didn't actually refute what I said. Thus you concede to my points.
#28Enigma149Posted 3/9/2013 7:17:51 PM
*sigh*

Here's the thing - you didn't actually say anything substantial. You sad some things, and I will refute them, if you want.

For one, the Wii U is an independent console, so to say it's "attached to a 6-year-old console" is inaccurate. For another, although sales are slow now, they were extremely high during November and December compared to other console launches - so much so, in fact, that despite relatively low numbers in January, the Wii U remained at about the same position as the HD twins were at this point in their lifetimes.

Very few people buy Android and Apple phones at $300 a pop - most buy them with some sort of contract, where they buy a phone for $100 or $200 and pay a monthly fee over the next two years, at which point they buy a new phone. People do buy tablets, though the economy does seem to be having an impact upon this as well (http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/03/report-apple-slashing-ipad-sales-forecasts-by-a-whopping-27-million-units), and tablets are in this day-and-age largely considered to be more important than a video game console (for example, many people use them for business, finding them a decent alternative to a notebook...good luck doing business on a game console).

Personally, I don't understand why anyone is even having to defend the Wii U's sales, given how they're right in-line with the sales of the PS3 and 360 at this point, relatively speaking (The PS3, hadn't sold 3 million units worldwide by the end of March 2006 and the 360's sales after its first 90 days are lower than the Wii U's sales, according to here: http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/2006/01/26/xbox-360-sales-figures-released/).

And as for my "stalkerish list", well...let's just say some I have an extremely good memory, don't like hypocrites or people who call others "liars" such as yourself, and can easily find links with a little Google search (which is exactly what I did).
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#29Crimson10BladesPosted 3/9/2013 7:24:20 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
This is why I love this board so much: you Nintendo fanboys shower so much attention on anybody who dares to say something negative about Nintendo.

You hope for some kind of circle jerk where you all reinforce each other's delusional pro-Nintendo opinions and shout down any naysayers.

You're so insecure, you feel the need to damage control anything that could ever be construed as bad news for Nintendo.

You yell "b-b-b-but Sony" in a futile attempt to change the topic whenever you start losing.

So keep up the good work. I have gotten a lot of entertainment watching this board implode. You people are getting exactly what you deserve.

To be fair, Nintendo fanboys aren't the only ones who do that.
---
3DS Friend code: 5026-4425-6974
NNID: Crimson10Blades
#30Lefty128kPosted 3/9/2013 7:49:23 PM
Enigma149 posted...
*sigh*

Here's the thing - you didn't actually say anything substantial. You sad some things, and I will refute them, if you want.

For one, the Wii U is an independent console, so to say it's "attached to a 6-year-old console" is inaccurate. For another, although sales are slow now, they were extremely high during November and December compared to other console launches - so much so, in fact, that despite relatively low numbers in January, the Wii U remained at about the same position as the HD twins were at this point in their lifetimes.

Very few people buy Android and Apple phones at $300 a pop - most buy them with some sort of contract, where they buy a phone for $100 or $200 and pay a monthly fee over the next two years, at which point they buy a new phone. People do buy tablets, though the economy does seem to be having an impact upon this as well (http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/03/report-apple-slashing-ipad-sales-forecasts-by-a-whopping-27-million-units), and tablets are in this day-and-age largely considered to be more important than a video game console (for example, many people use them for business, finding them a decent alternative to a notebook...good luck doing business on a game console).

Personally, I don't understand why anyone is even having to defend the Wii U's sales, given how they're right in-line with the sales of the PS3 and 360 at this point, relatively speaking (The PS3, hadn't sold 3 million units worldwide by the end of March 2006 and the 360's sales after its first 90 days are lower than the Wii U's sales, according to here: http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/2006/01/26/xbox-360-sales-figures-released/).

And as for my "stalkerish list", well...let's just say some I have an extremely good memory, don't like hypocrites or people who call others "liars" such as yourself, and can easily find links with a little Google search (which is exactly what I did).

I wasn't referring to the Wii, I was referring to the weak hardware inside the Wii U. It was made to compete with 6 year old consoles.

Guess what $200 plus signup fees and a single month of service + tax equals?
Roughly $300 at most carriers.

You can rationalize tablet sales any way you like. People have the money to buy Wii U, the economy is not a problem in that regard. They just don't want Wii U.

Those systems didn't face a sudden and extreme drop in sales or retreating third parties. Their worst month isn't as low as Wii U's worst month. Think about that, it 's barely out and already beating the other consoles at low sales.

You went on a Google hunt and then searched through countless links to try and find dirt. That's creepy. And going beyond that into cached copies of dead topics. Double creepy.