I might as well wait until the Fall to get mine :(

#1JulesNeciPosted 3/9/2013 3:02:27 PM
Hey all,

Originally I was gonna get my Wii U bundle in about 2 weeks along with Lego City Undercover and New Super Mario Bros, taking advantage of the 10% off deal on Newegg.

However, there are no words on May and April releases, and I'm afraid 3 games won't get me interested in the system that long. I plan to bring ZombiU back to Walmart when I get my bundle, since I absolutely despise FPS and zombies. I'm not interested in Monster Hunter - it's only an updated port, after all, and the 3DS demo was terrible.

I really want The Wonderful 101, but there are no announcements on the release date or anything.

As for games like Batman, Assassin's Creed and Need For Speed, I already own them on my PS3, so I'm not gonna buy them again for the U.

I really want a Wii U, but the game roster is depressing. If a new Nintendo Direct sometimes this month would announce some release dates for April and May, I would go ahead and order my Wii U. If not, I might as well hold out until the Fall when I come back from backpacking to get one.

Good plans, no?
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ni No Kuni (PS3), Lego Batman 2 (PS3).
Getting a Wii U next month for Lego City Undercover :)
#2liveman789Posted 3/9/2013 3:05:51 PM
Yeah, there aren't too many great exclusives at the time. But there are some real good ones coming in the near future.

If you get it in the fall, you'll surely have lots of great exclusives to chose from by then like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and Wind Waker HD.

I think when the other 2 next gen consoles are released, and all the software focus goes to all 3 next gen consoles, the Wii U's sales are going to get a lot better.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#3Meteor5160Posted 3/9/2013 3:07:29 PM
I have no idea who is a troll on this board and who isn't.

But personally I agree that waiting is the best option. I really want a Wii U, but it seems rather pointless to pick one up now -- I am by no means in a bad spot for games to play, I just picked up Twilight Princess and HotS is next week. If I didn't have any games to play, I'd probably get one.

But as it stands, I think that even if you really want a Wii U, it's best to wait a bit. By the time there are more announcements -- or at the very least we're closer to certain release dates -- there may be a price drop.
#4stekim40Posted 3/9/2013 3:07:55 PM
Good plan, holding off is the best plan.
---
Playing: Ni no kuni, Far Cry 3, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#5dominatinggamerPosted 3/9/2013 3:09:08 PM
I don't think waiting is a bad idea. You say the games available now are not enough to hold you over. You state nothing on the immediate horizon is appealing. Why would you buy it?

I am curious about your Monster Hunter comment though. Have you played the monster hunter series before or is the 3ds demo your only experience?
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#6JulesNeci(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 3:11:53 PM
dominatinggamer posted...
I don't think waiting is a bad idea. You say the games available now are not enough to hold you over. You state nothing on the immediate horizon is appealing. Why would you buy it?

I am curious about your Monster Hunter comment though. Have you played the monster hunter series before or is the 3ds demo your only experience?

Yes, I've logged many hours in MHFU and I love God Eater, but somehow the MH3U 3DS demo just made me feel so disconnected to the game.

I would buy the Wii U for exclusives like W101, Megaten x Fire Emblem, X and Smash Bros. My next-gen multiplat console will definitely be the PS4.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ni No Kuni (PS3), Lego Batman 2 (PS3).
#7mattersvillePosted 3/9/2013 3:11:54 PM
While I really enjoy my Wii U, it's not a bad idea to wait until fall/holiday season to pick one up. There will be more games, the system updates will be preloaded, and the community will be that much larger.
---
My Blog/Comic is funnier than your Blog/Comic.
http://sundaysmash.wordpress.com/
#8Meteor5160Posted 3/9/2013 3:13:12 PM
What is X?
#9JulesNeci(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 3:14:33 PM
Meteor5160 posted...
What is X?

Title holder for the new Xenoblade game
---
#10Meteor5160Posted 3/9/2013 3:15:07 PM
JulesNeci posted...
Meteor5160 posted...
What is X?

Title holder for the new Xenoblade game

Thanks. That'll be good.