I might as well wait until the Fall to get mine :(

#11Xfma100Posted 3/9/2013 3:21:31 PM
Meteor5160 posted...
I have no idea who is a troll on this board and who isn't.

But personally I agree that waiting is the best option. I really want a Wii U, but it seems rather pointless to pick one up now -- I am by no means in a bad spot for games to play, I just picked up Twilight Princess and HotS is next week. If I didn't have any games to play, I'd probably get one.

But as it stands, I think that even if you really want a Wii U, it's best to wait a bit. By the time there are more announcements -- or at the very least we're closer to certain release dates -- there may be a price drop.

This.

I also really want a Wii U, but so far most of the games I want have a 3DS version (Monster Hunter for example) or are already on PS3/360.
I might pick one up before fall though.
#12MoegittoPosted 3/9/2013 3:28:56 PM
Xfma100 posted...
Meteor5160 posted...

But personally I agree that waiting is the best option. I really want a Wii U, but it seems rather pointless to pick one up now -- I am by no means in a bad spot for games to play, I just picked up Twilight Princess and HotS is next week. If I didn't have any games to play, I'd probably get one.

But as it stands, I think that even if you really want a Wii U, it's best to wait a bit. By the time there are more announcements -- or at the very least we're closer to certain release dates -- there may be a price drop.

This.

I also really want a Wii U, but so far most of the games I want have a 3DS version (Monster Hunter for example) or are already on PS3/360.

Look at my sig...

But on topic, wait for a bit. The Wii U is going through newcomers syndrome right now. You need to wait till it get's what you consider a system seller, the "new" monster hunter is a upgraded monster hunter tri. I never played tri before so it'll feel new to me but I know some other people are pretty mad about that. What makes you happy might not make someone else happy.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#13MC LinkPosted 3/9/2013 3:30:44 PM
I nearly bought one in GAME today, but decided to hold off because I am playing Twilight Princess at the moment and only wanted Mario.

Going to wait for a good bundle or a new colored console.

Odd though.... I just want to play TP on a Wii without the white/black spots of death.... it's really annoying me and is the main reason I want a WiiU!!!
---
*/******\/*****\*C Link : DandyQuackShot4Life
{___(\__/)___} "@ValKilmer4Life"-Twitter tweet me!
#14thegrimgunnerPosted 3/9/2013 3:38:18 PM
I got one not a single games holds me to it unfortunately its quite sad. Netfllix on it is quality though . Hopefully itll pick up. Monsterhunter is new to me the demo was interesting , reminded me of a happy dark souls. In context of difficulty at least.

I'm a long term Zelda fan and actually a 3D environmental artist in training. My mouth waters at the prospect of a new Zelda game so here i await....
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII Xbox gt: II Krason II PC/Steam Grimsonii
#15x2link777Posted 3/9/2013 3:40:16 PM
As a lifelong Nintendo fan, and as someone who loves the system, even I am hard-pressed to recommend it to anyone right now. Even though I'm looking forward to MH3U, I still wish I had waited myself. Nintendo just really dropped the ball with it by rushing it out so soon, before most of the games were even finished. No matter how great a system is, it's worthless if you've got nothing to play on it...
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!
#16Xfma100Posted 3/9/2013 3:40:30 PM
Moegitto posted...
Xfma100 posted...
Meteor5160 posted...

This.

Look at my sig...

But on topic, wait for a bit. The Wii U is going through newcomers syndrome right now. You need to wait till it get's what you consider a system seller, the "new" monster hunter is a upgraded monster hunter tri. I never played tri before so it'll feel new to me but I know some other people are pretty mad about that. What makes you happy might not make someone else happy.

I know that, but I was pointing out that some of the games I would want on Wii U will also have a 3DS version or already have a 3DS version. (Another example is Scribblenauts)

As for your sig, there are much worse user bases on the internet. (While there are a lot of trolls on Gamefaqs, there are also a lot of decent/good people in my experience.)
#17Mikeru07Posted 3/9/2013 3:45:04 PM
Seems your burned out when it comes to MH, TC. Many people seem to love the demo, including myself. I've logged in many hours into MHFU and P3rd, but MH never stops being amazing to me.
---
P67A-UD3-B3| 1600 2x4Gb Kingston HXG| 1600 2x2Gb Patriot| Gigabyte 6850| i5 2500k: 4.2 Ghz| 1 TB WD Black
#18mjc0961Posted 3/9/2013 4:43:15 PM
Don't forget to pick up a copy of Super Cool Story Bros!
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#19JKatarnPosted 3/9/2013 6:17:40 PM
I'll likely pick one up in another year or two (minimum) when there are hopefully more first-party and unique third-party titles available. I have a feeling Nintendo is going to release a hit on the Wii-U at some point or another, but for the time being I don't see any compelling reason to buy one (especially since I have enough of a backlog across all platforms as it is).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#20rudgerlightPosted 3/9/2013 6:21:17 PM
Do you currently own a Wii? If not, then there're plenty of titles you should get.

If so, then yeah, wait until the games you want are released.