When was the last time you paid retail for a game?

#11PendragoonPosted 3/9/2013 4:43:36 PM
Baha05 posted...
EO IV, and before Fire Emblem Awakening.

Same.

I never pay retail for console games, but limited releases like this are the exception. Ni No Kuni's Wizard Edition is another example. (got the standard edition from Newegg for $47.99)

Most games get discounted very quickly these days, so buying at release is just foolish because of this.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#12xLexLuth0rxPosted 3/9/2013 4:45:54 PM
Just bought Etrian Odyssey IV for $39.99 yesterday as it seems everywhere it's the same (or very close) price.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#13Virus66Posted 3/9/2013 4:47:11 PM
I only buy new games, unless I cannot find a particularly old or rare game new, in which case I'll buy used. For me, saving $5 is not worth a company going out of business because people won't support their products.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#14LifelessBoyPosted 3/9/2013 5:12:44 PM
Ni No Kuni.

Next one will be Bioshock Infinite.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko - DayZ: Daniel
#15bond465Posted 3/9/2013 5:19:27 PM
Black ops 2. Idk why it's so hard for people to pay retail for games. If you can't buy the games you shouldn't have the system.
#16PendragoonPosted 3/9/2013 5:40:19 PM
bond465 posted...
Black ops 2. Idk why it's so hard for people to pay retail for games. If you can't buy the games you shouldn't have the system.

Why pay full price at release when the game will be $20 off just a few weeks later?
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#17trenton97(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 7:29:15 PM
Virus66 posted...
I only buy new games, unless I cannot find a particularly old or rare game new, in which case I'll buy used. For me, saving $5 is not worth a company going out of business because people won't support their products.

more than $5, and buying used is just another way to save. you can buy new and still get it for half sometimes.
---
After I finish life the first time, I'm doing a challenge run.
LttP>everything else.
#18ballermat982Posted 3/9/2013 8:00:03 PM
Bought Tomb Raider last week for 360.
#19PG50Posted 3/9/2013 8:09:00 PM
I buy most of my games new, unless I'm unable to find them for various reasons, then I'll buy used unless for some reason it costs more than it did new. Then I'll borrow from a friend if possible. If none of those, then I'll play through other means if at all possible.

The last game I bought new was NSMBU, before that, I'm not sure, I haven't bought a whole lot new in the last 2 years. Skyward sword possibly?