Is the Wii U going to get a price drop sometime this year?

#21DemonDog666Posted 3/10/2013 9:10:26 AM
Baha05 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
1. Can hasn't and no the Nintendo website has an account system.
2. How it is unfair when it's essentially on par hardware wise? If devs were saying it was on par with ps4 instead of ps3 then it'd be unfair but they aren't.
3. Again hasn't, and if you recall you even admitted it to a factor for the price drop so until it does chance it's a valid point for the price drop.
4. It has no potential to change gameplay, atleast not for the better, at absolute best it's good for "split screen" multiplayer and slightly more convenient then pressing a button, not exactly revolutionary, and again can hasn't, you keep saying they can be fix while ignoring the fact they haven't, and in this case you'd have to buy something else on top of it.

What Nintendo does effects the wiiU, and Nintendo cut the price of one of their consoles by 1/3 5 months after launch when it was doing poorly, and wiiU is doing poorly and it's been nearly 5 months so I don't see how it's unreasonable to think people are hesitant to buy it because Nintendo might slam down the price desperately on another system.

1. Yeah it can happen later on, hell they talk about having a mobile app for Nin. ID so it's possible they are working on it.

2. On par for launch titles yes, consoles tend to advance from launch titles though andf it's unfair because you are judging a new console to an older one. With that logic I can safely say most all consoles have failed as they have yet sold PS2 or DS sold units.

3. Again it takes time, it's highly possible that the system will get games.

4. Yes it does, even if the changes are all little things, that's still changing the gameplay. Not to mention if they pump out games that utilize the gamepad similar to Zombi U as that IS a gameplay changer.

And it's unreasonable to think it because of the different circumstances, different markets, different profits. The Wii U is sold at a loss unlike the 3DS was. So it would be a big hit to Nintendo to drop the Wii U's price then it was to drop the 3DS price. And even if they drop the price chances are it's not going to help them without the games.

1. AGAIN can doesn't matter have/haven't matters and they haven't. I seriously doubt fixing the online 4 years from now will have an effect on people anticipating a price drop in the next few months.

2. I'm comparing price/specs not sales, and being short of the best selling console isn't a failure by any reasonable measure, but your a fanboy you don't understand reasonable. Also the devs were talking about the system not the games.

3. Again it doesn't matter, releasing zelda 4 years from not won't have an effect on people anticipating a price drop in the next few months.

4. Actually it's not changing the gameplay it's changing the game interface... and zombiU isn't exactly better for the tablet features.

None of that matters, it doesn't matter if Nintendo will/can it matters if people think they might, and this topic proves people think it might you are just desperately trying to defend Nintendo like a good fanboy and dropping the price always helps sales.
#22Baha05Posted 3/10/2013 9:14:24 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
None of that matters, it doesn't matter if Nintendo will/can it matters if people think they might, and this topic proves people think it might you are just desperately trying to defend Nintendo like a good fanboy and dropping the price always helps sales.

Except the fact of the matter is that having a price drop for the sake of a price drop won't help in the long run without the games. Normal price drops only help when a system has been out a year or long and have a library to back it up. The only reason the 3DS price drop helped for the bit of extra sales because of the 20 free games.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#23DemonDog666Posted 3/10/2013 9:18:52 AM
Baha05 posted...
Except the fact of the matter is that having a price drop for the sake of a price drop won't help in the long run without the games. Normal price drops only help when a system has been out a year or long and have a library to back it up. The only reason the 3DS price drop helped for the bit of extra sales because of the 20 free games.

The 20 free games were only for people who bought it before the price drop so they would have no effect on the sales after the official price drop lol you don't even known anything about the company you are desperately defending.
#24Baha05Posted 3/10/2013 9:22:51 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
The 20 free games were only for people who bought it before the price drop so they would have no effect on the sales after the official price drop lol you don't even known anything about the company you are desperately defending.

Yeah and in a sense since it was part of the price dropped it actually helped the sales. And then the price drop itself happened and might have helped out for a while and then game came out.

Also scambassadors.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#25DemonDog666Posted 3/10/2013 9:25:58 AM
Baha05 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Yeah and in a sense since it was part of the price dropped it actually helped the sales. And then the price drop itself happened and might have helped out for a while and then game came out.

Also scambassadors.

Keywords after and official learn to read. Also your first point makes no sense you are starting to rant non-sense.
#26DarkAdonis123Posted 3/10/2013 9:27:38 AM
I seriously think it will.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#27Baha05Posted 3/10/2013 9:30:29 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Keywords after and official learn to read. Also your first point makes no sense you are starting to rant non-sense.

The point is that announcing the 20 free games for the 3DS before the price drop might have helped the sales out more then the price drop itself because you have a choice of either paying 250 for a new system and 20 free games or 180 for a new systems and no free games. So there being a good reason why the 3DS price drop might have helped for the short time it did versus just price dropping a system with no incentive other then it's cheaper.
---
#28DemonDog666Posted 3/10/2013 9:36:42 AM
Baha05 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

The point is that announcing the 20 free games for the 3DS before the price drop might have helped the sales out more then the price drop itself because you have a choice of either paying 250 for a new system and 20 free games or 180 for a new systems and no free games. So there being a good reason why the 3DS price drop might have helped for the short time it did versus just price dropping a system with no incentive other then it's cheaper.

That would of had no effect after the official price drop though... it's essentially the same point as scambassadors.

Also do you really think 20 old easily available games are as much as an incentive as a 1/3 price drop really are you that delusional?
#29Baha05Posted 3/10/2013 9:40:13 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
That would of had no effect after the official price drop though... it's essentially the same point as scambassadors.

Also do you really think 20 old easily available games are as much as an incentive as a 1/3 price drop really are you that delusional?

But it was still an incentive to buy early or scambassador because people knew they were coming by the end of the year and those titles did in fact come.

And yes considering the games they announced it was more then enough of an incentive considering you were getting them basically for free and considering GBA games at this point in time were getting harder to find made it all the better.
---
#30DemonDog666Posted 3/10/2013 9:43:24 AM
Baha05 posted...
But it was still an incentive to buy early or scambassador because people knew they were coming by the end of the year and those titles did in fact come.

And yes considering the games they announced it was more then enough of an incentive considering you were getting them basically for free and considering GBA games at this point in time were getting harder to find made it all the better.

You can get 100 plus gba games with a google search, and the sales before the official price drop and after the official price drop prove that it had little effect compared to the price drop.