Why did you buy a Wii U?

#1tadmfpolePosted 3/10/2013 4:16:18 AM
Why did you purchase a Wii U? - Results (228 votes)
Graphics
1.75% (4 votes)
Games
57.02% (130 votes)
Nintendo name
17.11% (39 votes)
tablet controller
4.39% (10 votes)
I don't own a Wii U
19.74% (45 votes)
This poll is now closed.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#2DarkAdonis123Posted 3/10/2013 4:19:58 AM
Those options are too limited for me to vote. Plenty of people like myself bought it for their kid for Christmas. It was the single thing my son wanted.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#3lipnox88Posted 3/10/2013 4:22:28 AM
I bought it for hd visuals from nintendo games
---
Currently Enjoying;Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2, mario U, nintendo land,boycotting Ubi$oft and there garbage games
#4DSKEmmanuelPosted 3/10/2013 4:25:01 AM
i bought it for first party titles. the new zelda, mario, and i'll give a new metroid a chance if it goes back to its roots or stays away from the other m formula.
---
PSN-DSKEmilio and GamerTag-DSKEmmanuel
my LBP2 levels~ http://lbp.me/u/DSKEmilio/levels
#5Tsutarja495Posted 3/10/2013 4:27:42 AM
I buy all Nintendo systems at launch because I'm a Nintendo fanboy.
#6XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 3/10/2013 4:29:30 AM
There isn't a Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate option, so no vote from me.
---
PSN and Nintendo Network: CrimsonSamuraiX
#7PizzusPosted 3/10/2013 5:55:58 AM
XCrimsonSamurai posted...
There isn't a Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate option, so no vote from me.

Sounds like "games", then :)
---
Consider this signature an outdated and groan-inducing meme.
#8usaamahlinkPosted 3/10/2013 7:27:51 AM
All of these apply to me :P
LOL.
I havent bought it yet, I will buy it in April though, and I will buy it first of all because of the games. Pardon me the Nintendo games. They have always been of the highest quality, and have always been unique. And so I am expecting Nintendo to do so much more than ever before, because the Wii U unlocks so much more potential than ever before.
Sure people will say graphics are better on the new xbox/playstation, they were better on PCs, they will say weve already played HD games for years... but you havent played HD Nintendo games. And thats where I will buy the console for the graphics. Nintendo games on the Wii were some of the best ever made. That was with an underpowered machine, now that they have a more powerful piece of hardware, Im ready to look forward to the new HD Nintendo games. Also the console itself, with the gamepad is unique, and the gamepad looks/feels like a solid good controller. The Broswer, Miiverse on the Gamepad, I hope they flesh out the messaging options and video conferencing etc, because that would make me use my Wii U a lot more often as a hub for gaming.. Thats why I like the Gamepad, and where that drives the value of the proposition to me. Because the Gamepad instantly puts your browser, Miiverse into your hands instead of just on the TV, and that makes it so much more enticing.
And that is why I will buy a Wii U soon.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, F-Zero GX.
#9DeathSnipe777Posted 3/10/2013 7:43:08 AM
Monster Hunter and Pikmin 3.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#10Skill4ReelPosted 3/10/2013 7:52:59 AM
I was sold on the console immediately after seeing the game pad for the first time. It looked like a very unique and cool design for a console controller. Wasn't even thinking about games until later, but I knew instantly in 2011 that the Wii U was a console that I was going to purchase.