Why did you buy a Wii U?

#21NejiHyuga900Posted 3/10/2013 10:46:55 PM
Games. The Wii U will eventually get a lot of great games. But besides Wii U games, there are Wii games, Virtual Console games, WiiWare games. The Wii U already has an excellent library of games from many platforms.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#22Starwars4JPosted 3/10/2013 10:47:59 PM
For games of course. I've yet to own a Nintendo system that disappointed me.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#23ChipChippersonPosted 3/10/2013 11:01:57 PM
The gamepad. (The lower than I expected price didn't hurt either.) The pad looked to bring something new to the table and excited me. Had it come with just a standard controller I probably wouldn't have had any interest.

Yes some games like Zombi U and Lego City grabbed my interest but the way the pad was integrated into these games still sold me on the console the most.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#24Chewy247Posted 3/10/2013 11:20:27 PM
Although I personally did not buy one, though I received it as a gift, I would have bought It for the name alone. I own all consoles during their gens so this wouldnt be any different.
---
Back to Nintendo And Sony
#25SideShowBattPosted 3/10/2013 11:22:57 PM
For all the Nintendo staples.
---
XBL Tag- SideShowBatt
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt
#26Skill4ReelPosted 3/10/2013 11:34:01 PM
ChipChipperson posted...
The gamepad. (The lower than I expected price didn't hurt either.) The pad looked to bring something new to the table and excited me. Had it come with just a standard controller I probably wouldn't have had any interest.

Yes some games like Zombi U and Lego City grabbed my interest but the way the pad was integrated into these games still sold me on the console the most.

Exactly. Games are the main function of any console. Buying a console for games goes without saying. The Wii U game pad and it's possible future uses is the main selling point for the machine. I agree that if this thing was packaged with a "standard" controller similar to the Wii U Pro. I probably wouldn't own one right now either.

That five second clip of the Wii Sports golf demo using the game pad was what got me. Lol.
#27AwayFromHerePosted 3/10/2013 11:38:55 PM
Pikmin 3.

Still waiting, Nintendo...

Everything else the Wii-U does or doesn't do, doesn't matter to me.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#28ElectricMolePosted 3/10/2013 11:42:27 PM
Because nintendo frikkin' bought the rights to Fatal Frame so now I have to buy their system to play my favorite Tecmo series.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#29QueezZeenartPosted 3/10/2013 11:51:29 PM
Almost exclusively for MH3U. Thankfully, Nintendo announced the HD remake of my all-time favorite Zelda, so there are now two games on the system that interest me.
#30Gogito4Posted 3/11/2013 2:03:09 AM
Where is the "Monster Hunter" Option?
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.