Why do People Say There are Now Games to Play and Its Collecting Dust?

#1SimmerE15Posted 3/10/2013 8:39:16 AM(edited)
I'm 16 years old, have an Xbox 360 and only get games for birthdays and Christmas. I only have 2 games right now. One from Christmas(Tekken Tag Tournament 2) and one from my last birthday in June(Urbz: Sims in the City). I've been playing these games and haven't been gotten bored, and stopped playing my Xbox yet! Do I just have a higher patience to wait for games or something? I play Tekken every single day (same modes, no online, with friends, or by myself, and its always fun)

I'm about to trade in my 360 in for a WiiU, and the first game I'm going to get is Tekken because that game is just so darn amazing! I could see myself being happy with just that game for the longest. Then afterwards, I'd get AC3, then BLOPS II! But I'm a stupid Nintendo fanboy, and if a new Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, or 3D Mario came out, I'd buy it in a heartbeat >.>
#2Baha05Posted 3/10/2013 8:40:11 AM
People have different tastes and they also have lives (Aka jobs, friends, family, things that might take time away from gaming) so it's not hard to see people beating a game and getting bored or not buying certain games thus not giving the console any use.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3DarkAdonis123Posted 3/10/2013 8:43:33 AM
I work full time and I only allow my son to play games for a few hours a week. So yes, our Wii U is collecting dust.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#4SimmerE15(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 8:44:21 AM
Baha05 posted...
People have different tastes and they also have lives (Aka jobs, friends, family, things that might take time away from gaming) so it's not hard to see people beating a game and getting bored or not buying certain games thus not giving the console any use.

True, I think it's because I hardly buy games you can beat, so I'm used to playing them for years (Still play GTA:SA and Sims 1, 2, and 3 to this day)
#5DemonDog666Posted 3/10/2013 8:46:21 AM
You're going to trade in a console for 3 games that are on the console you have...
#6SimmerE15(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 8:49:53 AM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...
You're going to trade in a console for 3 games that are on the console you have...

Yes :3
Because I'm done with the 360, and the WiiU will be getting more games in the future!

EDIT: And I really want to play AC3/COD in bed with the Gamepad! Lol
#7DemonDog666Posted 3/10/2013 9:00:44 AM(edited)
SimmerE15 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Because I'm done with the 360, and the WiiU will be getting more games in the future!

You should probably consider that the reason people are saying wiiU has no games is the only people happy with it are playing games that are also on 7 year old hardware that most people already have and they see no reason to get a wiiU until those theoretical good wiiU exclusives come out.
#8papermonkey21Posted 3/10/2013 8:59:26 AM
DemonDog666 posted...

This...its sad really
---
http://i.imgflip.com/6jei.gif
http://i.imgur.com/tC29y.jpg
#9SimmerE15(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 9:11:33 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
SimmerE15 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

You should probably consider that the reason people are saying wiiU has no games is the only people happy with it are playing games that are also on 7 year old hardware that most people already have and they see no reason to get a wiiU until those theoretical good wiiU exclusives come out.

Well, I haven't even played through BLOPS campaign, and I haven't played played through AC3 yet, so I guess I'm one of those people. Plus I said I have a lil Nintendofan in me, so I'd be waiting for their games lol

Bill Gates Son posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

This...its sad really

Eh, opinions
All my friends have 360s, so if I miss any games I could just play at their houses if I want
#10DarkAdonis123Posted 3/10/2013 9:43:43 AM
SimmerE15 posted...
Eh, opinions
All my friends have 360s, so if I miss any games I could just play at their houses if I want

I wouldn't call is sad, but from a logical standpoint it's a lateral(maybe even backwards) move. But as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue