My boyfriend bought me a WiiU friday night...

#1Warm_TapePosted 3/10/2013 10:04:40 AM
First, i just want to say that i am posting this to share something positive in light of all the negativity on this board. I don't have much to contribute right now but figured i could at least share a happy story to help balance out all the drama.

So we left his house Friday night to come to my place. He said he was going to stop and get a coffee. and he would meet me there. He lives about 15-20 minutes away. So i arrived home first, brought all my stuff inside and unpacked. I brought my dog outside and said hi to my folks.

By this time after all that it was probably like 45 minutes. He should have been here by now i thought. So i called his cell and when he answered i asked "What are doing, brewing the coffee? Did you decide to grind your own beans too?" He laughed and said "No, i had to stop at another store but i'll be there in a few minutes."

So when he arrived he just started bringing in his stuff and asked me to clear his spot in the living to set up his 360, all non-chalantly like nothing was going on. Then he comes in and hands me Uncharted 2 because i had just finished the first Uncharted last week and he knew i wanted the second one. I noticed he had a larger bag with him but was pretty excited over Uncharted 2 so i thanked him and gave him a big hug. He then was like "Oh and i got you this too" again like it was no big deal.

Too my surprise, it was a WiiU Deluxe with a copy of NSMBU. He didn't even know he got me the deluxe, he just said there was no way he was going to get me the white one. Haha, thank you Nintendo for making the black kit the good version.

Anyways, that's my story and i'm having alot of fun with this thing. I really like the touch screen controller, it is comfortable and i think it has some good potential for games if it is implemented correctly. It's a pretty cool machine and a welcome addition to my setup.
---
Trust me, when it comes to sticking things up my butt, I know what I'm talking about. - synth_real
#2DaLastBossPosted 3/10/2013 10:05:33 AM
He bought you a Wii U? Wow, he must really hate you
#3AbysmalTrinityPosted 3/10/2013 10:08:03 AM
DaLastBoss posted...
He bought you a Wii U? Wow, he must really hate you

---
Simply Abysmal
AbysmalTrinity
#4Jacob46719Posted 3/10/2013 10:09:31 AM
Troll alert! Wii U is fun. please don't troll me
#5lt519Posted 3/10/2013 10:09:56 AM
That was nice of him, good man you got there. Wish I could buy my girlfriend video games instead of clothes/jewelry. Don't stop at Uncharted 2 though, 3 was fantastic.

Ignore the trolls, this board is toxic, you'd be better off hanging out on individual game boards.
#6nickvd8Posted 3/10/2013 10:10:13 AM
Nice story TC, glad you're enjoying it. Ignore the two clowns that posted right after you.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#7fon1988Posted 3/10/2013 10:12:01 AM
My girlfriend got me a Wii U for my birthday last year. It's awesome and we both can't wait for the new Need for Speed.
#8Warm_Tape(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 10:21:27 AM
lt519 posted...
That was nice of him, good man you got there. Wish I could buy my girlfriend video games instead of clothes/jewelry. Don't stop at Uncharted 2 though, 3 was fantastic.

I don't plan to stop at 2. But i haven't even touched it yet. We had a busy day yesterday and put that aside i spent my video game time this weekend with the WiiU.

And thanks nick and fon, i am definitely enjoying it right now. Not big into racing games but i hope NFS is good game for ya when it comes out.
---
Trust me, when it comes to sticking things up my butt, I know what I'm talking about. - synth_real
#9IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/10/2013 10:49:13 AM
I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#10Final Fantasy2389Posted 3/10/2013 10:50:57 AM
Nice story. Thanks for sharing.
---
Former WWE Diva & BJJ Pink/Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT