Nintendo and LEGO - what gives?

#1protect_badgersPosted 3/10/2013 9:09:23 AM
-Lego games very popular on Nintendo systems (duh, obvious)

-Nintendo invests a ton into LEGO city storyies - finally an ambitious lego game (preordered)

-LEGO is making LEGO CITY toys based of the game (they are fairly cool)

SO WHY CANT NINTENDO AND LEGO MAKE A DEAL AND GET US LEGO NINTENDO PLAYSETS :

Mario
Zelda
Pokemon

Kinex mario kart kinda sucks, lower quality, and still expensive - why cant these two come together for the good of all?
---
Biohazard, a resident evil in bad marketing.
#2lt519Posted 3/10/2013 9:11:54 AM
I'd buy some Lego sets of famous Nintendo architecture. Hyrule Castle, Peach's Castle, some cool Star Fox spaceships. Good idea!
#3P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/10/2013 9:12:14 AM
That would be kinda cool. I mean, there's Mario monopoly, why not Lego?
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#4Maxx_the_SlashPosted 3/10/2013 9:27:06 AM
protect_badgers posted...
Kinex mario kart kinda sucks, lower quality, and still expensive - why cant these two come together for the good of all?

They're not that bad. The mini-figures are pretty cool, but I only care about the build-able Standard pull-back karts that you actually get to construct. The motorized karts are one solid kart with a couple separate pieces that attach to it. That sucks. My only complaint is that the Bowser standard kart set has Bowser so close to his steering wheel that it's practically mashed into his nose and mouth.

Look at it this way: With K'Nex, you get this:

http://www.knex.com/mariokartwii/images/mario.jpg

Instead of this fan-made Lego piece of crap:

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss219/marioman123/super-mario-lego.jpg

I'd rather have the K'nex one that looks like Mario and not the plain Lego minifigure with a red POLICE CAP.

Unless Nintendo allows for multiple companies to hold the license, K'nex is going to keep doing Mario Kart sets. I subscribe to The Brick Show on YouTube and they said in a video a few weeks ago that K'nex is getting ready to do Mario Kart 7-based sets (they've been doing Mario Kart Wii-based sets up until now). They even showed off a cool Princess Peach set.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#5BobGuy128Posted 3/10/2013 9:44:34 AM
I wouldn't expect Nintendo themed LEGO sets.

I mean, they went and made LEGO Rock Band, and that game had NO tie in sets.
---
Sorry, there's nothing here.