Why do some of my fellow Nintendo fanboys deny how kiddy Nintendo is?

#1Tsutarja495Posted 3/10/2013 2:15:07 PM
Look at the games Nintendo makes, they are usually E for everyone, have cartoon graphics, and have simple/nonexistent stories. It's totally obvious they are trying to be as family friendly as possible. They have some T for teen games, but absolutely no M for mature games from them or the companies they own.

It's also reflected in the sales, the only third party games that do well are the ones that are kiddy, the mature games never sell well.

Why is it such a big deal? Are they ashamed of being outside the target demographic?
#2Baha05Posted 3/10/2013 2:15:41 PM
Because some titles aren't all that kiddy?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3tsizzle420Posted 3/10/2013 2:16:48 PM
Cause they aren't immature little kids?
---
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
#4squatch22Posted 3/10/2013 2:17:51 PM
E = Kiddy no matter what?
and are u saying CoD is kiddy too?
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#5sonic777Posted 3/10/2013 2:18:18 PM
Because playing kiddy games is a sign of maturity?
#6picanoPosted 3/10/2013 2:19:08 PM
There is quite a difference between kiddy and family friendly; kiddy tends to have a much more negative connotation (especially "core gamers"). I doubt you'll find anyone who will argue that Nintendo is not family friendly.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#7Traptin3daysPosted 3/10/2013 2:20:50 PM
Because they have some games that are neither kiddy nor family friendly, though the majority is family friendly.

E is for Everyone.
---
My dad gave me some advice before he died. He said, son, if you see a beautiful woman, you have to flirt with her. It's rude not to.
#8BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/10/2013 2:23:30 PM
I showed some friends of mine Pikmin 2 yesterday.

They were horrified by the sheer violence inflicted on woodland critters depicted with cutesy graphics.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#9GloryChaosPosted 3/10/2013 2:25:11 PM
"lol you play Kirby? Isn't dat **** for kids though? He's just some ******* pink ball that sucks and blows!"

Something that was said to me a few years ago. And if DTY3 is reading this thread, it was said to me when I was playing Kirby's Dreamland 3.

You don't see anybody making posts defending Nintendo games as these mature pieces of software that only college level students can understand (for the record, neopets started off as a college level website too). It just gets annoying when people attempt to belittle you for playing games as if you're supposedly beneath them.

Or at least, it used to annoy me back in early high school. Now, it has no effect. Gaming isn't such a mature hobby that I'm gonna get upset over what anybody says about what I play.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#10Lefty128kPosted 3/10/2013 2:35:19 PM
Baha05 posted...
Because some titles aren't all that kiddy?

Some titles?
Nice lawyer language there.

The vast majority of Nintendo games are kiddy. Topic is accurate.