Why do some of my fellow Nintendo fanboys deny how kiddy Nintendo is?

#131picanoPosted 3/10/2013 10:40:29 PM
Thread backfired on me due to poor word choice (it came off as me complaining about Nintendo, when I actually love them because of how kiddy they are), and I can't rerail it now with people responding based on the first post without reading what I am saying now, so I'm done with it. Go ahead and reach 300+ posts if you feel like it.

Just like to say, I read this.

Also, although you fixed your first post (and reposted it)... referring to it in this particular post as 'kiddy' instead of 'family friendly' is probably not gonna help things.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#132Starwars4JPosted 3/10/2013 10:51:46 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Lewis had just wrote Narnia, thought of as children's books. He was just trying to manipulate adults into considering a purchase. Eloquently, but still...that's just a cleverly disguised sales pitch.

You mean like how the rating of "M for Mature" is itself a form of sales pitch? I mean trying to relate sex, gore, and violence with maturity is pretty funny when you think about it :)
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#133Jinzo 111887Posted 3/10/2013 10:54:32 PM
Thread backfired on me due to poor word choice (it came off as me complaining about Nintendo, when I actually love them because of how kiddy they are), and I can't rerail it now with people responding based on the first post without reading what I am saying now, so I'm done with it. Go ahead and reach 300+ posts if you feel like it.

Okay, I see. You really meant "Kiddy or not, Nintendo knows fun." which is what Nintendo has been doing well. I mean, Nintendo hasn't resorted to abusive DRM like online passes and always online DRM like other companies have, unless you count that paranoid locking of 3DS save files to one system (kind of uncalled for if you ask me.) Let's hope Nintendo doesn't go that way, and maybe even ease up on the region locks while they are at it.
---
At least Nintendo and Good Old Games are treating customers right instead of taking them for granted. They provide light during dark times.
#134wombat013Posted 3/10/2013 10:55:21 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Baha05 posted...
Because some titles aren't all that kiddy?

Some titles?
Nice lawyer language there.

The vast majority of Nintendo games are kiddy. Topic is accurate.

Probably shouldn't make fun of someone's argument when you give such a mundane one in response. Good lord.

Anyways, Nintendo is certainly going for the family friendly vibe, and TC is correct that a lot of people deny this. But it is absolutely true that there mature games on the Wii/Wii U. I dont think the people who deny that Nintendo is family friendly are fanboys though. They are probably just tired of idiots making fun of them for playing the Wii/Wii U and hearing that there ONLY kiddy games on those systems.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#135Lefty128kPosted 3/10/2013 11:23:35 PM
wombat013 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Baha05 posted...
Because some titles aren't all that kiddy?

Some titles?
Nice lawyer language there.

The vast majority of Nintendo games are kiddy. Topic is accurate.

Probably shouldn't make fun of someone's argument when you give such a mundane one in response. Good lord.

Anyways, Nintendo is certainly going for the family friendly vibe, and TC is correct that a lot of people deny this. But it is absolutely true that there mature games on the Wii/Wii U. I dont think the people who deny that Nintendo is family friendly are fanboys though. They are probably just tired of idiots making fun of them for playing the Wii/Wii U and hearing that there ONLY kiddy games on those systems.

If you think that was "making fun of someone", that's pretty defensive of you.

And mundane? No one grading for entertainment here. If you think it isn't interesting, fine...but acting like it's some kind of negative that invalidates what I said.

LMAO to that.
#136CBratePosted 3/10/2013 11:38:25 PM
Same reason why bronies are in denial.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 180 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: AceAndJunpei
#137GoIdenAcePosted 3/10/2013 11:47:34 PM
because fun is fun, end of topic
---
Great Minecrafter? I need beta testers! http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1521811
#138NewavePosted 3/10/2013 11:51:59 PM
My guess, as someone who is not a fanboy and does not think or act like one, is that they don't want Nintendo to be seen as kiddy because they consider kiddy to be a bad label and they like Nintendo and want it to have what they consider positive labels only.

I personally don't think kiddy is an objectively bad label, I think it's good that there are family friendly games out there.

I do think it's bad if you limit yourself like Nintendo does with almost universally kiddy games and concepts because that very effectively alienates gamers after they reach a certain age and for example wants more from a game's story than "you are the hero and now must go save the damsel in distress", which is the standard Nintendo story.

Personally I felt very abandoned by Nintendo when I reached my teens because all their games were aimed at children who needed an easy introduction to games and I was now past that phase and wanted more, thankfully this was at the same time that PlayStation came along and N64 thus became a void choice for me. I didn't want Pokemon Snap, I wanted Tomb Raider, I didn't want Mario Kart or F-Zero, I wanted Ridge Racer and WipEout and so on and so on. Even to this day Nintendo refuses to stretch out more than the obscure game every now and then and when they do reach out it's done in almost complete silence while you see fifty commercials for the upcoming Mario game in just one commercial break!
They (Nintendo) WANT to be seen as a family friendly company but their fans constantly grow up and want more, just like I did, the only difference between the Nintendo fanboys that complain over people calling Nintendo kiddy and me is that I realized that Nintendo is indeed kiddy and was not what I wanted. So unlike them I stopped being a fanboy and moved on as a happy gamer, while they didn't stop being fanboys and instead live in denial struggling to hold on to their childhoods that are over no matter what they do.

In short, Nintendo is kiddy and that's how Nintendo likes it, fanboys are in denial because they have outgrown Nintendo but refuse to accept it, and now they act out against everyone and everything that doesn't share their skewed version of reality.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#139kobalobasileusPosted 3/10/2013 11:56:06 PM
Nintendo isn't kiddy.

Licensed Dora the Explora, Spongebob, My Little Pony, and other games based on very childish cartoons are kiddy.

Nintendo is cartoony, friendly, and frequently surreal.
#140daddydivinePosted 3/11/2013 12:03:41 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
Nintendo isn't kiddy.

Licensed Dora the Explora, Spongebob, My Little Pony, and other games based on very childish cartoons are kiddy.

Nintendo is cartoony, friendly, and frequently surreal.

You just described Dora the Explorer, Spongebob, and My Little Pony...
---
"Where are all these people that dont like chicken and watermelons...?" - Dave Chappelle