Is Nintendo "kiddy"?

#21SegavsCapcomPosted 3/10/2013 9:28:46 PM
ElGado posted...
Nintendo is kiddy, and they want to be kiddy. Remember, we're talking about the Japanese here. In reality I think Nintendo needs a total rebranding to stay relevant.

Nintendo is still plenty relevant, just not among the dudebros. Just look at their handhelds.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#22ElGadoPosted 3/10/2013 9:31:27 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
ElGado posted...
Nintendo is kiddy, and they want to be kiddy. Remember, we're talking about the Japanese here. In reality I think Nintendo needs a total rebranding to stay relevant.

Nintendo is still plenty relevant, just not among the dudebros. Just look at their handhelds.

So you agree that it's kiddy then. Good.
#23SegavsCapcomPosted 3/10/2013 9:36:12 PM
ElGado posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
ElGado posted...

Of course they're kiddy, but that kiddyness allows for mass appeal. Reinventing themselves to be more "hardcore" and "relevant" will lose them their mass appeal.
---
#24ElGadoPosted 3/10/2013 9:41:47 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
ElGado posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
ElGado posted...

Of course they're kiddy, but that kiddyness allows for mass appeal. Reinventing themselves to be more "hardcore" and "relevant" will lose them their mass appeal.

I never said they had to rebrand to be "hardcore." Just need to get away from the kiddie image and not ignore the large segment of gamers on PS and Xbox. A little bit goes a long way; one "mature" ad would show "Hey guys we haven't completely forgot about you."
#25DDP886Posted 3/10/2013 9:47:42 PM
the Wii U's problem is that simply it has NO games for it...
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#26SegavsCapcomPosted 3/10/2013 9:49:50 PM
ElGado posted...
I never said they had to rebrand to be "hardcore." Just need to get away from the kiddie image and not ignore the large segment of gamers on PS and Xbox. A little bit goes a long way; one "mature" ad would show "Hey guys we haven't completely forgot about you."

You can't change a fanboy's mind. A lot of people playing PS/Xbox are devoted to taht brand and wouldn't be caught dead playing Nintendo. If a gamer wasn't a fanboy, then they wouldn't care about how kiddy a game looks as long as its fun. That's why Nintendo shouldn't rebrand; they can survive without looking "hardcore".
---
#27ElGadoPosted 3/10/2013 9:53:12 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
ElGado posted...

You can't change a fanboy's mind. A lot of people playing PS/Xbox are devoted to taht brand and wouldn't be caught dead playing Nintendo. If a gamer wasn't a fanboy, then they wouldn't care about how kiddy a game looks as long as its fun. That's why Nintendo shouldn't rebrand; they can survive without looking "hardcore".

False. Nintendo has no "hardcore" games.

Smash maybe, but for some reason you guys really believe Mario, Mario Kart and Pokemon are hardcore.

They're not.
#28SegavsCapcomPosted 3/10/2013 9:54:12 PM
ElGado posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
ElGado posted...

False. Nintendo has no "hardcore" games.

Smash maybe, but for some reason you guys really believe Mario, Mario Kart and Pokemon are hardcore.

They're not.

Did I claim they ever where?
---
#29Tsutarja495Posted 3/10/2013 10:06:02 PM
I think Nintendo is kiddy, and for that I love them. I don't care for mature rated games, I'm glad Nintendo focuses on family friendly entertainment.
#30DanteSInferno84Posted 3/11/2013 1:16:20 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
ElGado posted...

So many people seem to forget about Resident Evil Remake, Zero, and how Resident Evil 4 was originally exclusive to Nintendo...