question about hooking my wii u to my surround system

#1rawxfoxdogPosted 3/10/2013 5:12:09 PM
If I hook my av cords into my surround system can.I get the audio to work or do I have that option? If not can someone recommend a good priced new surround system that would work
---
Ego my lego city
#2rawxfoxdog(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 5:27:41 PM
Help?
---
Ego my lego city
#3MathewMansonPosted 3/10/2013 5:33:43 PM
No clue. Sorry.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#4rawxfoxdog(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 5:49:06 PM
*bump*
---
Ego my lego city
#5AwayFromHerePosted 3/10/2013 6:05:23 PM
It should. I'm not sure which games support surround sound though, if any.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#6MikeBearmanPosted 3/10/2013 6:16:46 PM(edited)
Depending on how your surround system is hooked up to the TV and how your Wii U is hooked up ( Hdmi or A/V) you should be able to produce sound from your TV's sound output through your receiver.

But if you want true surround sound, you would have to have it hooked up with Hdmi through a Hdmi receiver.
#7rawxfoxdog(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 6:26:28 PM
I've usually left the yellow in my tv and put the red and white in my surround system but spiderman inst working this wayn anyone know if I have to change my setting and what games support this
---
Ego my lego city
#8MikeBearmanPosted 3/10/2013 7:48:15 PM
If your just using the standard AV cable for video and sound it should work, but if your running Hdmi for video and trying to use the AV cable to get the sound it won't work,since the system doesn't do dual audio output as far as I know.

I have no idea what kind of setup you have (TV and sound system) and what hook ups your using, plus what input and outputs your TV has, there's multiple ways to produce sound through a receiver.
#9rawxfoxdog(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 8:07:43 PM
MikeBearman posted...
If your just using the standard AV cable for video and sound it should work, but if your running Hdmi for video and trying to use the AV cable to get the sound it won't work,since the system doesn't do dual audio output as far as I know.

I have no idea what kind of setup you have (TV and sound system) and what hook ups your using, plus what input and outputs your TV has, there's multiple ways to produce sound through a receiver.

--- that's what I was doing. So I need a hdmi surround system :/ ok thanks
---
Ego my lego city
#10GuitaristMattPosted 3/10/2013 8:08:58 PM
There was a help topic when the Wii U was released, I can't find it, but you need a newer type of surround sound system.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB