C/D: Nintendo is more innovative than Sony and M$

#1TheGrumpyCatPosted 3/10/2013 7:59:23 PM
C. Sony and M$ are copying the crap out of Nintendo
---
I had fun once, it was horrible.
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 3/10/2013 8:03:26 PM
D. All three of them are creatively bankrupt. Nintendo is a wee bit better than MS and Sony, but only by a very slim margin.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3SirNicoMFFERPosted 3/10/2013 8:04:59 PM
C.

Wii motion controls >
Kinect>
PSmove

Tablet controller >
Small itty bitty touchscreen on PS4 controller >
Holographic touchscreen on Kinect
---
REALM OF DEBEBE PARTY ANIMAL
#4iKhanicPosted 3/10/2013 8:06:06 PM
D. Nintendo actually uses a lot of ideas Sony and Microsoft start (like off-screen play on the PSP/Vita). The problem is that Sony and Microsoft epically fail at bringing the ideas to fruition in a way that people notice. Nintendo takes these ideas and makes them so that they make a much bigger impact on gaming.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5macapalaPosted 3/10/2013 8:07:09 PM
Everyone copies everyone. Nothing is original. Just accept it.
---
"If god doesn't exist in our world, then... I will create god with my own hands!" - Krelian
#6darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/10/2013 8:09:58 PM
Depends on what kind of innovation you're talking about. If you're talking specifically games, I would agree.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#7ElGadoPosted 3/10/2013 8:23:27 PM
D, not anymore. They are full blown gimmicks now.
#8deathgod_lightPosted 3/10/2013 8:24:55 PM
D. Nice attempt at creating a circlejerk, though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/dR1A6H8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hh5apRK.jpg
#9ArabrockermanXPosted 3/10/2013 8:25:36 PM
iKhanic posted...
D. Nintendo actually uses a lot of ideas Sony and Microsoft start (like off-screen play on the PSP/Vita). The problem is that Sony and Microsoft epically fail at bringing the ideas to fruition in a way that people notice. Nintendo takes these ideas and makes them so that they make a much bigger impact on gaming.

So gameboy advance and Gamecube... Not sure what the earliest attempt was.
#10MelkacPosted 3/10/2013 8:54:35 PM
iKhanic posted...
D. Nintendo actually uses a lot of ideas Sony and Microsoft start (like off-screen play on the PSP/Vita).

You mean like the GBA/Gamecube (& GB/SNES&N64 interaction...) in the 2000s? Yeah, very original, Sony.

Nintendo either innovates or improves old ideas...

Innovations:
analog triggers, rumble, shoulder buttons, dual screen, gameboy/N64/GBA/Gamecube interaction, 4 face buttons (which was copied by every single company after that halolz), hmmm...I think that's it.

Improved ideas:
Motion controls, analog stick (which was also a completely abandoned idea, I WONDER why Sony decided to put analog sticks on its controllers...), touchscreen&mic...

"Stolen" ideas:
Dual analog sticks, which didn't happened until...what? 2006? The C-Stick isn't what I would call an "analog stick".
No, Nintendo didn't copied the design of the Xbox 360 controllers. Microsoft copied both SEGA and Nintendo to make that design (Dreamcast/Gamecube controller's layout comes to mind)

Now, can everybody shut up? Sony has copied A LOT of things, both Nintendo and Microsoft have done so only a few times.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA