C/D: Nintendo is more innovative than Sony and M$

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. C/D: Nintendo is more innovative than Sony and M$

User Info: TheGrumpyCat

TheGrumpyCat
3 years ago#1
C. Sony and M$ are copying the crap out of Nintendo
I had fun once, it was horrible.

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
3 years ago#2
D. All three of them are creatively bankrupt. Nintendo is a wee bit better than MS and Sony, but only by a very slim margin.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.

User Info: SirNicoMFFER

SirNicoMFFER
3 years ago#3
C.

Wii motion controls >
Kinect>
PSmove

Tablet controller >
Small itty bitty touchscreen on PS4 controller >
Holographic touchscreen on Kinect
REALM OF DEBEBE PARTY ANIMAL

User Info: iKhanic

iKhanic
3 years ago#4
D. Nintendo actually uses a lot of ideas Sony and Microsoft start (like off-screen play on the PSP/Vita). The problem is that Sony and Microsoft epically fail at bringing the ideas to fruition in a way that people notice. Nintendo takes these ideas and makes them so that they make a much bigger impact on gaming.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US

User Info: macapala

macapala
3 years ago#5
Everyone copies everyone. Nothing is original. Just accept it.
"If god doesn't exist in our world, then... I will create god with my own hands!" - Krelian

User Info: darkqueenhelba

darkqueenhelba
3 years ago#6
Depends on what kind of innovation you're talking about. If you're talking specifically games, I would agree.
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!

User Info: ElGado

ElGado
3 years ago#7
D, not anymore. They are full blown gimmicks now.

User Info: deathgod_light

deathgod_light
3 years ago#8
D. Nice attempt at creating a circlejerk, though.
http://i.imgur.com/dR1A6H8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hh5apRK.jpg

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
3 years ago#9
iKhanic posted...
D. Nintendo actually uses a lot of ideas Sony and Microsoft start (like off-screen play on the PSP/Vita). The problem is that Sony and Microsoft epically fail at bringing the ideas to fruition in a way that people notice. Nintendo takes these ideas and makes them so that they make a much bigger impact on gaming.

So gameboy advance and Gamecube... Not sure what the earliest attempt was.

User Info: Melkac

Melkac
3 years ago#10
iKhanic posted...
D. Nintendo actually uses a lot of ideas Sony and Microsoft start (like off-screen play on the PSP/Vita).

You mean like the GBA/Gamecube (& GB/SNES&N64 interaction...) in the 2000s? Yeah, very original, Sony.

Nintendo either innovates or improves old ideas...

Innovations:
analog triggers, rumble, shoulder buttons, dual screen, gameboy/N64/GBA/Gamecube interaction, 4 face buttons (which was copied by every single company after that halolz), hmmm...I think that's it.

Improved ideas:
Motion controls, analog stick (which was also a completely abandoned idea, I WONDER why Sony decided to put analog sticks on its controllers...), touchscreen&mic...

"Stolen" ideas:
Dual analog sticks, which didn't happened until...what? 2006? The C-Stick isn't what I would call an "analog stick".
No, Nintendo didn't copied the design of the Xbox 360 controllers. Microsoft copied both SEGA and Nintendo to make that design (Dreamcast/Gamecube controller's layout comes to mind)

Now, can everybody shut up? Sony has copied A LOT of things, both Nintendo and Microsoft have done so only a few times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. C/D: Nintendo is more innovative than Sony and M$

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived