predictions for March Nintendo Direct announcements? (probably Wii U focused)

#1rindainPosted 3/10/2013 8:10:18 PM
We've had a Direct every month since August, and the lst Wii U focused Direct was in January. I think we'll get one, focused on the Wii U, either this week or next week at the latest.

What do you think they'll show?

My predictions:

-Pikmin 3 info and gameplay videos
-Pikmin 3 release date

-W101 info and gameplay video
-W101 release date

-Wii Fit U info, video and release month/range

-lots of info on the upcoming Spring Update to the OS

-More footage of either X, Bayonetta, Yoshi Land, or Wind Waker HD

-Mario Kart U reveal (I think they'll reveal one of the big guns (Mario Kart U, Mario 3D U, Smash Bros U, Retro Studios secret game) before E3. In the past they've revealed Mario Kart games outside of E3, so I 'd guess this will be the one they reveal in a Direct. If not this, Mario 3D U and the Retro game are the next most likely possibilities, with Smash not very likely at all.

That's my predictions list for the next Wii U focused Direct. I really hope it's next week as the hype for even current gen games on PS3/360 (Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, etc) and PS4 hype is drowning out what should be the Wii U's year to build hype and a strong install base. The more hype the sooner, the better.

So what do you think Nintendo will announce/show during the next Wii U-focused Direct?
#2Warm_TapePosted 3/10/2013 8:12:58 PM
Sorry i don't have any predictions but i am hoping to hear something on Pikmin 3.
---
Trust me, when it comes to sticking things up my butt, I know what I'm talking about. - synth_real
#3VenomSymbiotePosted 3/10/2013 8:21:03 PM(edited)
I thought the next Nintendo Direct was going to focus on third party titles? Didn't they specifically state that?

Edit: What I'd like to hear tho is if Wonderful 101 will have online multiplayer. They've not really mentioned anything about it. Retro's game announced would be fantastic but I doubt that'll show up until E3.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#4rindain(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 8:18:44 PM
Warm_Tape posted...
Sorry i don't have any predictions but i am hoping to hear something on Pikmin 3.

Yeah they've really dropped the ball with the Pikmin 3 marketing. There should be many more gameplay videos and game details out by now. Hope they don't delay it until October or something...

See how much confidence I have in Nintendo's ability to timely create quality HD games?
#5FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/10/2013 8:23:51 PM
VenomSymbiote posted...
I thought the next Nintendo Direct was going to focus on third party titles? Didn't they specifically state that?

Edit: What I'd like to hear tho is if Wonderful 101 will have online multiplayer. They've not really mentioned anything about it. Retro's game announced would be fantastic but I doubt that'll show up until E3.

thats was for the 3ds and it aired already in japan in February.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#6tav19Posted 3/10/2013 8:46:36 PM
I think it will focus on some of the upcoming 3rd & 1st party Wii U games like Monster Hunter, Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted as well talk about some of the features of the big upcoming Wii U system update in April.
#7DDP886Posted 3/10/2013 8:56:21 PM
that nintendo will be exiting the hardware business by the end of 2015 and becoming a third party developer exclusive to the 720
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#8F31LeopardPosted 3/10/2013 8:59:49 PM
I just want to know what the mystery Square Enix port is. They say it's not Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, or Deus Ex. I hope they reveal what it is next Nintendo Direct. If it's Versus XIII I think it my cause a bigger ruckus than Bayonetta 2.
---
PSN:AE86CorollaLevin, NN ID:AE86CorollaLevin, XBL:AE86CorollaGTS
#9MrAntike184Posted 3/10/2013 9:05:30 PM
DDP886 posted...
that nintendo will be exiting the hardware business by the end of 2015 and becoming a third party developer exclusive to the 720

But if it was exclusive to 720 then it would be 2nd party.
---
Proud owner of 3DS XL, GBA SP, N64, Xbox 360 & PS2.
Favorite game series: Zelda, F-Zero, & Kid Icarus.
#10plasmatic5Posted 3/10/2013 9:13:14 PM
rindain posted...
Warm_Tape posted...

Yeah they've really dropped the ball with the Pikmin 3 marketing. There should be many more gameplay videos and game details out by now. Hope they don't delay it until October or something...

See how much confidence I have in Nintendo's ability to timely create quality HD games?

You can complain about Nintendo delay all you want, but I would much rather have Nintendo delay a game and then release it when it's actually completed instead of releasing early like so many companies do.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles