Should Nintendo make a hack'n'slash/ beat 'em up?

#11SocranPosted 3/10/2013 9:55:10 PM
lowuw posted...
I was just thinking how Nintendo should make a beat em up using classic Nintendo characters, like Mario, Donkey Kong, and Link. Nintendo would have a huge hit, if they did this.

It'd be even more of a hit if it was a fighting game that plays like a beat 'em up. Like a... Smash 'em up or something.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#12SegavsCapcom(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 9:56:58 PM
Socran posted...
lowuw posted...
I was just thinking how Nintendo should make a beat em up using classic Nintendo characters, like Mario, Donkey Kong, and Link. Nintendo would have a huge hit, if they did this.

It'd be even more of a hit if it was a fighting game that plays like a beat 'em up. Like a... Smash 'em up or something.

That is a pretty damn good idea. Nintendo should definitely make a game like that.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#13gilgamesh21Posted 3/10/2013 9:57:14 PM
Yes, a gorgeous 2D side-scrolling one featuring LoZ, Kid Icarus, and Balloon Fighter characters/worlds. Multiplayer of course.
#14DarthBadgerPosted 3/10/2013 10:02:45 PM
Yes, those types of games sell. And, unlike generic FPS's that are so openly despised, it's easy to make them unique with even the tiniest bit of creativity.

Even something in the classic arcade style of Turtles In Time would be awesome. I would buy that.

3D is so bittersweet. I couldn't imagine gaming without so many of the 3D games I love but it has almost entirely put an end to hardcore action games because they work so much better in the "obsolete" 2D setting (not that TMNT is hardcore but, ya know).
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
"Buy a shotgun." - Joe Biden