Perhaps you could Help me with this problem.

#1Graves124Posted 3/10/2013 8:54:14 PM
Ok, I'm getting a Wiiu in May. I want a classic controller for the original Wii I have right now. Will the original classic controller work on Wiiu, or visa versa? What is my best course of action to have a classic controller for the Wii and to save the most money (I will want a classic controller to use on Wiiu)
---
Official Dosu of the Naruto Boards
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 3/10/2013 8:55:53 PM
The Wii U is backward compatible with all Wii accessories and controllers, but only when playing Wii games.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3Graves124(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 9:00:32 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
The Wii U is backward compatible with all Wii accessories and controllers, but only when playing Wii games.

Will a Wii-u Classic Controller work for VC on a Wii?
---
#4Graves124(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 9:12:54 PM
B for Bump
---
#5Graves124(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 11:54:24 PM
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Bump.
---
#6DiscostewSMPosted 3/11/2013 12:01:45 AM
Graves124 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

Will a Wii-u Classic Controller work for VC on a Wii?

Are you asking about the Wii-U Pro Controller? It won't work with Wii games, both retail and Wii VC, because they are running in Wii mode. and Wii mode does not recognize the controller.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7Graves124(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 12:06:58 AM
Ok. So there is no way to get a classic controller for my wii that Can use again later after getting Wii u

Sorry about all the bumping, I just needed confirmation.
---
#8FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/11/2013 12:15:40 AM
Graves124 posted...
Ok. So there is no way to get a classic controller for my wii that Can use again later after getting Wii u

Sorry about all the bumping, I just needed confirmation.

some games support the wii classic controller like black ops 2 and monster hunter 3 ultimate.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#9ThunderFSRPosted 3/11/2013 12:22:29 AM
To be clear, you will only need ( and only can use ) the classic controller with Wii software, any new Wii U games will be played with the tablet controller ( which is basically the classic controller with a screen ) and the standard wii remote. There is a wireless classic controller but unless you buy it for multi player on Wii U games its pointless
---
Smoking tires daily
find me on PS3, 360, & Wii U
#10FatalyzePosted 3/11/2013 12:25:25 AM
All the answers here seem like they're worded ambiguously, so I'll take a shot at it.

Classic Controller/ Classic Controller Pro for the original Wii: It plays all Virtual Console and original Wii games while in Wii Mode. It also has compatibility with a few Wii U games as well.

Pro Controller for the Wii U: Can only be used to play Wii U games, and even then, only some Wii U that don't require the Gamepad. Since it has less functionality than the gamepad, and its face buttons have an inward placement (i tend to rest my thumb on the A button instead of the B button, and it constantly screws up my playing) I would just stick with the Gamepad. That is, unless, you plan on having multiple controllers for multiplayer.

Wii Remote: The Wii U menu can be navigated using one, and It is mandatory for Wii Mode. Plays all of your Wii games like normal, and has functionality in some Wii U games.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666