Perhaps you could Help me with this problem.

#11Tino_Tonitini2Posted 3/11/2013 12:45:00 AM(edited)
The Classic Controller (CC) will work on the Wii U when playing games that are compatible with it. This means:

-certain Wii games (e.g. Xenoblade Chronicles, Goldeneye 007, Monster Hunter, et al)

-certain Virtual Console games (e.g. most, if not all, SNES games and N64 games)

-certain WiiWare games (sorry I can't think of any off the top of my head)

-certain Wii U games (e.g. Sonic and All-Star Racing Transformed. There are definitely others but this is the only one of which I am sure).

Additionally, you can use the CC to navigate the Wii menu (NOT the Wii U menu) while in Wii Mode (of course).

Perhaps it's a case of misunderstanding, TC, but it sounds as though you're wondering if the Classic Controller comes irreversibly tied to the Wii U system once paired with it. This is certainly not the case. You can freely use the CC with the Wii and the Wii U (not simultaneously, of course). However, if you want to use the same Wii Remote (since the CC plugs into one to operate) for both the Wii and Wii U, you will have to sync or pair it up with the system you intend to use.

For example, after playing a game on the Wii with the Classic Controller, I decide to play one with it on the Wii U. I pair my Wii Remote with the Wii U and play my CC-compatible Wii U game. After playing that I go back to my separate Wii console, sync up the Remote with it again and start playing the CC-compatible game.

Does this answer your question, TC?