Does the system get bricked if the update is interrupted?

#1JulesNeciPosted 3/10/2013 10:31:52 PM
I'm planning to get my deluxe set in about 2 weeks. I've read somewhere that if I lose internet connection during the update, the system will be bricked. This is worrying me a lot - our wireless has been crappy in the past few days for no apparent reason.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ni No Kuni (PS3), Lego Batman 2 (PS3).
Getting a Wii U next month for Lego City Undercover :)
#2picanoPosted 3/10/2013 10:33:38 PM
It will not brick if you lose internet connection.

It (and most devices) may brick if you actually shut it off during installation (where it actually says "installing" instead of "downloading").
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#3Tsutarja495Posted 3/10/2013 10:35:00 PM
My connection got lost midway and nothing happened, it just resumed once the connection came back on. From what people were saying, it was if you cut the console off during the installation of the update that it has a chance to brick.
#4JulesNeci(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 10:43:15 PM
Thank you guys for your replies! I was worried. It's good to know :)
---
Playing: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ni No Kuni (PS3), Lego Batman 2 (PS3).
Getting a Wii U next month for Lego City Undercover :)
#5rudgerlightPosted 3/10/2013 10:44:25 PM
It can brick if you lose power while the update is installing not downloading. This is true with most electronics, but it got a little blown out of proportion with the Wii U because normally launch consoles don't need large installs on day one.
#6ShadowSkill11Posted 3/10/2013 10:47:17 PM
Interrupting firmware updates on anything is bad m'kay?
#7TCaC04Posted 3/11/2013 4:36:25 AM
Jules, I maybe mistaken but I remember a few users posting on here that their Wii U console came with the update. If I remember correctly, it was the ZombiU bundle. If anyone has more information regarding to newer consoles being released with the update, please let us know. But I'm 100% sure that the ZombiU bundle is one of them.
---
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4