Wii U needs a Demon's Crest Sequel/Remake/Reboot/Whatever

#1SocranPosted 3/10/2013 10:43:22 PM(edited)
I think it would be the perfect game to fit the "dark, mature" niche that many people seem to think is missing from Nintendo systems, but while still maintaining that "Nintendo feel" that chooses memorable, stylized characters over being gritty and realistic.

Of course, gameplay would have to be largely reimagined, since I doubt that it would be a 2D platformer and it's kind of hard to justify spitting fireballs as the only form of attack these days, especially when the character's got perfectly functional teeth and claws. And since we've got more than enough ******* protagonists in games these days, hopefully Firebrand would have more of a "killer Batman" feel, able to strike fear in the hearts of friend and foe alike without being the kind of demon who would murder anyone who mildly inconveniences him. (I'm looking at you, Kratos.)

Still, I think it could be just the kind of game to show that you can be stylistic and still dark. We've got enough "edgy" demons, let's bring back gargoyles like Firebrand, Arma, and Phalanx.

(No clue what the gamepad could be used for, though...)

EDIT: Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOzkzx1RKgw
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#2ShinChuckPosted 3/11/2013 12:05:49 AM
I loved the Gargoyle's Quest series, and would love to see it make a comeback. A nice, fresh Wii U sequel/remake with gorgeous graphics set in an edgy monster world full of demons, friend and foe... I've love it.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#3Dr_FacerPosted 3/11/2013 12:08:16 AM
Despite their amazing quality, the Gargoyle Quest series was never a top seller. Capcom wouldn't invest millions in bringing it back only to see it sell poorly, they're not that stupid yet.