C/D The Wii U would be selling a lot better if it had Ni No Kuni instead of PS3

#1iKhanicPosted 3/11/2013 12:12:07 AM
C.

I'd have bought a Wii U in a heartbeat if Ni No Kuni was exclusive to it.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/11/2013 12:15:34 AM
It probably would, but NNK would probably sell a lot less.

Nintendo can handle a slow start with the Wii U, but games like NNK need the most ideal sales environments to prove their relevance.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#3iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 12:18:21 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
It probably would, but NNK would probably sell a lot less.

Nintendo can handle a slow start with the Wii U, but games like NNK need the most ideal sales environments to prove their relevance.

I'm not so sure about that. It already had a handheld version released on the stable DS, so people knew it would be a great game. It was widely anticipated, so I'm sure sales would have been fine for both Wii U and NNK.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/11/2013 12:27:09 AM
Keep in mind the difference between how many people own PS3s and how many own Wii Us. It's not about the name, it's about the numbers. Sure, people could buy the Wii U to play NNK, but do you really think that enough people would be willing to shell out the cash for a new console to play NNK to make up for the difference in sales potential made by a difference of roughly seventy-million?
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#5SocranPosted 3/11/2013 12:33:12 AM
You know, I wonder... If Ni No Kuni was a Wii U exclusive (which wouldn't have been unusual, considering that it's a remake of a DS game), would people start acting like it had always been a bad, kiddy game? Kind of like the opposite of what some people claim "Nintendrones" say about every game not coming to Wii U.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6Fusion916Posted 3/11/2013 12:49:37 AM
Wii U couldn't handle ni no kuni
---
PSN: Fusion916
#7Oni_TaedoPosted 3/11/2013 1:42:15 AM
Would it still be a JRPG with mediocre gameplay and some beautiful art design?
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#8YamiYugi4400Posted 3/11/2013 1:48:36 AM
Socran posted...
You know, I wonder... If Ni No Kuni was a Wii U exclusive (which wouldn't have been unusual, considering that it's a remake of a DS game), would people start acting like it had always been a bad, kiddy game? Kind of like the opposite of what some people claim "Nintendrones" say about every game not coming to Wii U.

If it was on the WIi U, it would of been considered the best game in existence, just like how the Wii got Xenoblade all of a sudden its one the best RPGs ever, while on any other console it would of just been one of the good ones
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#9DarthBadgerPosted 3/11/2013 1:50:57 AM(edited)
YamiYugi4400 posted...
If it was on the WIi U, it would of been considered the best game in existence, just like how the Wii got Xenoblade all of a sudden its one the best RPGs ever, while on any other console it would of just been one of the good ones

|:(

You again?
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
"Buy a shotgun." - Joe Biden
#10YamiYugi4400Posted 3/11/2013 1:51:05 AM
DarthBadger posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...

|:(

You again?

We meet again!
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!