Miyamoto: Zelda Wii U Will Take Longer to Finish

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/11/2013 8:43:50 AM
Back when the next Zelda game was announced at the first Nintendo Direct presentation, a lot of people were already foaming at the mouth to get their hands on a new Legend of Zelda for the Wii U. It looks like the game won’t be coming out for a while now though, Miyamoto stated in an interview with Time that the game will take a little longer to get released. “If you look back at the launch of Wii, we were able to prepare a game like Wii Sports, which at the time was clearly a new game, and launch that alongside a Zelda game. With the Wii U, we took a similar approach by launching Nintendo Land as well as a Mario game – though we’re working on Zelda for Wii U, that’s going to take us a little big longer,” Miyamoto said.

He also went into the wii U system as well, stating that they haven’t fully taken advantage the system’s full capabilities. “We still have new things to learn about how to leverage the features and functionalities of Wii U in ways that create fun and interesting new ways to play, including new ways to play, including new gameplay systems. As we become even more familiar with the hardware, we’ll be able to do more from a software standpoint. That’s an area we’re currently devoting resources to.” At the earliest, we may see Zelda Wii U in late 2014.

http://www.explosion.com/24135/miyamoto-zelda-wii-u-will-take-longer-to-finish/
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#2P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 8:48:24 AM
He also talked about Pikmin 3

"From my perspective, I think ideally it would have been nice if we’d been able to release Pikmin 3 closer to launch, but the Wii U — though it shares the Wii name — is obviously a brand new system, with new chips and graphical capabilities. It can do a lot more, and in the process of developing a lot of the features and functionality, the resources required to best utilize those features drew on some of the same resources that might have been spent developing games, thus we weren’t able to bring quite as robust a lineup initially."
---
#3BoomerTheGreatPosted 3/11/2013 8:49:34 AM
How do you find all of this Panda.
---
Greatness comes from within
#4nonexistingheroPosted 3/11/2013 8:50:16 AM
That's pretty much spot on with my prediction, no sooner than holiday season 2014 (which should mean about halfway or a bit more through November for Zelda, since that's the best time for the biggest blockbuster games to release).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 8:53:25 AM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
How do you find all of this Panda.

Google
---
#6hellbringherPosted 3/11/2013 8:54:16 AM
More shovelware from pandaman
---
That cornbread looks good!!! - Eddie Winslow
#7icarus231Posted 3/11/2013 8:59:05 AM
I would rather get a great game at the end of 2014 then a crap one at the beginning. Also they said we were getting the HD WW to hold us over till then, so anyone expecting it soon was misinformed anyway.
#8The_HyphenatorPosted 3/11/2013 9:06:06 AM
hellbringher posted...
More shovelware from pandaman

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
#9The_HyphenatorPosted 3/11/2013 9:07:27 AM
About what I was expecting for Zelda U. That's fine by me. Frankly, with my backlog, I still have to finish Skyward Sword. Plus, Wind Waker HD should be coming out before year's end, and I'm definitely getting that, since I skipped it when it was on the 'Cube.
#10AsuirPosted 3/11/2013 9:08:10 AM
icarus231 posted...
I would rather get a great game at the end of 2014 then a crap one at the beginning. Also they said we were getting the HD WW to hold us over till then, so anyone expecting it soon was misinformed anyway.

And what if it's bad?
---
Ftw!