With the new price drop for the Wii U, lesson is don't buy Nintendo systems ASAP

#41SlimeSwayzePosted 3/12/2013 12:18:05 PM
GooBacksBack posted...
Wow, you tell me to stay in school and then fall apart completely yourself.

Unfortunate side effect of over-consumption of caffeine.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#42RockD79Posted 3/12/2013 12:19:16 PM
I usually don't buy any consoles at launch except Nintendo systems. I'm not a huge fan of replacing the other ones every two years. I usually wait till some of the issues are ironed out before purchasing them.
#43_Sovereign_Posted 3/12/2013 1:37:23 PM
GooBacksBack posted...
Wait two or three years. There's not much to play within the first year ever, and then there's a price drop when there's something decent.

Bought a 3DS new, price dropped within the year.

Bought a Wii U new, price dropped within the year.

Good to see them alienate their diehard fans. Whom I might add seem to be the only ones purchasing their systems.

What price drop?

1st worthwhile title on 360 was Gears - 1 year after launch
2nd worthwhile title was Halo - 2 years after launch
1st worthwhile title on PS3 was Uncharted - 1 year after launch

There was absolutely no point to buy either of those two mentioned above before their first year was over. Wii U however, has a nice library coming out starting this month that lasts through the end of the year, made up of titles that will make it one of the few consoles to actually own in it's first year.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#44Beatperson14Posted 3/12/2013 1:43:57 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
GooBacksBack posted...
Wait two or three years. There's not much to play within the first year ever, and then there's a price drop when there's something decent.

Good to see them alienate their diehard fans. Whom I might add seem to be the only ones purchasing their systems.

What price drop?

There was absolutely no point to buy either of those two mentioned above before their first year was over. Wii U however, has a nice library coming out starting this month that lasts through the end of the year, made up of titles that will make it one of the few consoles to actually own in it's first year.

First good 360 game was THPS8. At launch. Oblivion hit them pretty damn quick too.
#45AlexPumaPosted 3/12/2013 1:52:51 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
GooBacksBack posted...

What price drop?

The PS3 had Resistance: Fall of Man at launch.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#46SlimeSwayzePosted 3/12/2013 2:08:38 PM(edited)
_Sovereign_ posted...
GooBacksBack posted...

What price drop?

This is yet another goofball post. Condemned: Criminal Origins, Call of Duty 2, Fight Night Round 3, G.R.A.W., Oblivion, Kameo, and Dead Rising are all quality 360 titles that came out prior to Gears (I think DR was the only one far outside the launch window, as it was late summer), and I'm sure there are a few more I'm forgetting, including a variety of XBLA titles and driving or fighting titles I'm not familiar with. And as the first HD console and only MS's second console altogether, I'd say that is a pretty good line-up of games that were essentially console exclusives for the 360. To date, the Wii U hasn't proven itself to be able to do anything the 360 can't do, outside of the under-utilized tablet. To say that the Wii U, almost a decade later, has had nearly as impressive of a launch as the 360 had, again, is something only a goofball would do.

Edit: It's also true that during the entire first year of the 360's lifespan there was a constant stream of new games being announced and shown. That was an exciting time, waiting for new games like Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Halo 3, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, and dozens of other titles. Unless Nintendo puts on a hell of an E3 (which I hope they do), I just don't see how you can compare the two systems in terms of what they offered that first year.

---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#47darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/12/2013 2:07:33 PM
That's the lesson you should have learned from your very first system purchase. Nintendo or otherwise. Unless you have the cash to burn. You think I bought the PS3 for $599? Hell no! I waited until $250.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#48GooBacksBack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 9:46:04 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
That's the lesson you should have learned from your very first system purchase. Nintendo or otherwise. Unless you have the cash to burn. You think I bought the PS3 for $599? Hell no! I waited until $250.

I have cash to burn. That's why I bother purchasing a Nintendo system in the first place.
#49darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/13/2013 10:41:51 PM
GooBacksBack posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...

I have cash to burn. That's why I bother purchasing a Nintendo system in the first place.

What do you want? A medal? Or a chest to pin it on?
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!