Is it just me or is the Wii U not selling...

#21blazeUP12Posted 3/11/2013 10:40:51 PM
I've seen ads on TV. The problem is there's no new games to advertise.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#22RainIsMyDrugPosted 3/11/2013 10:47:44 PM
It's a next gen console with this gen spec. What the wii u can do the ps360 does it better and their nearing their life cycle
#23ADHDguitarPosted 3/11/2013 11:01:40 PM
I have no idea why they're not advertising.

Maybe they're keeping a low profile on purpose and waiting for more Mario and the like.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#24Stefan1277Posted 3/11/2013 11:04:56 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
is it me or have i seen this topic before... 100 times

100 times only? you're one of the lucky ones. I see these topics 100 times *a day*
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#25TheBonfiniPosted 3/11/2013 11:05:39 PM
Why can't it just suck?

I don't get the excuses. People know the games. We have played them all for decades.

The Wii-U has hardly any games and it sucks with out them.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#26FryobvPosted 3/11/2013 11:16:54 PM
1 of my big gamer friends actually did not know what a wii u was about 3 weeks ago until i told him lol...
#27FryobvPosted 3/11/2013 11:20:14 PM
but ya i would put it in the "sucks" category.

i only bought it because im a sucker for new things. and honestly i dont even play the games i bought. i just watch netflix on it, which is kind of cool with the touch screen controller not gonna lie.
#28DBPanterAPosted 3/12/2013 1:30:26 AM
Iokua posted...
The ad campaign is definitely not helping things, it's long been a problem NoA has seemingly never bothered to address.

This is the issue.

While another poster talks about seeing Wii U in gaming stores, the vast majority of people do not go into their local GameStop.

The key is television. The problem Nintendo has created with targeting the casuals starting with the Wii is that they watch all sorts of programming, and it's pretty hard to hit your target audience, when your target audience is so vastly large and impossible to hit. You see commercials for Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Madden, etc (all those BAD games that most around here shun, but I enjoy along with Mario and Link) during most sporting events. Advertisers realize that the people watching sporting events tend to enjoy these games. You will not see Mario or a WindWaker HD commercial during Monday Night Football.

Likewise, that is the MAIN reason we see Nintendo producing its own Nintendo Direct, Iwata Asks, and amplifying it's social media presence to draw people in using other forms. While I personally enjoy this tactic, you will not reach everyone but the most ardent fans.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036