Do you think Nintendo will keep the Wii name for its next system?

#1DaLastBossPosted 3/11/2013 7:55:22 PM
Or will they use a different name?

If they keep it what will they call the next Wii? WiiMii or Wii X?
#2diggyfreshPosted 3/11/2013 7:57:28 PM
Yes, because Wii and DS are N brands now. I speculate that the next N console will be "Wii something".
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#3shotgunheadshotPosted 3/11/2013 7:58:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Wiiplayer111Posted 3/11/2013 8:00:23 PM
Maybe. NES appeared for two generations and the Gameboy name was used for three generations.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#5Ultima_MagikarpPosted 3/11/2013 8:01:59 PM(edited)
Wii Us.

Includes collaborative controller that takes at least 2 people to operate.
#6shotgunheadshotPosted 3/11/2013 8:03:28 PM
Wiivolution
#7AsuirPosted 3/11/2013 8:04:26 PM
Please no.
---
Ftw!
#8DynheartPosted 3/11/2013 8:07:28 PM
I've posted this before. I believe that they will move on. I'm 99% sure of it. They seem to make a console. Improve it. Then move onto something new. The Wii name is no exception.

NES>SNES (same philosophies between both systems...just one stronger than the other.)
N64>GC (other than the media change...same philosophies between both systems...just one stronger than the other.)
Wii>Wii U (same philosophies between both systems...just one stronger than the other.)

It just fits. It's too coincidental for it to be...coincidental. So I'm positive Nintendo will drop the Wii name, and it's philosophies, all together with it's next console.

What will be next, though? VR will be in it's prime by then. Only one can wonder... I wouldn't put it past them to put a Nintendo spin on VR their next console.
---
Currently playing: Fear, Mighty Switch Force HDE
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#9diggyfreshPosted 3/11/2013 8:17:22 PM
Dynheart posted...
I've posted this before. I believe that they will move on. I'm 99% sure of it. They seem to make a console. Improve it. Then move onto something new. The Wii name is no exception.

NES>SNES (same philosophies between both systems...just one stronger than the other.)
N64>GC (other than the media change...same philosophies between both systems...just one stronger than the other.)
Wii>Wii U (same philosophies between both systems...just one stronger than the other.)

It just fits. It's too coincidental for it to be...coincidental. So I'm positive Nintendo will drop the Wii name, and it's philosophies, all together with it's next console.

What will be next, though? VR will be in it's prime by then. Only one can wonder... I wouldn't put it past them to put a Nintendo spin on VR their next console.

Hmmm you have a point. But look at the DS brand: DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSiXL, 3DS, 3DSXL.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#10Wiiplayer111Posted 3/11/2013 8:20:18 PM
diggyfresh posted...
Hmmm you have a point. But look at the DS brand: DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSiXL, 3DS, 3DSXL.

DS Lite, DSi, DSiXL are all just variations of the DS. Just like 3DSXL is a variation of 3DS.

Its still DS>3DS.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com