Any news on when New Super Luigi U will be out?

#11The_Shadow_LinkPosted 3/12/2013 4:14:20 AM
My prediction is they'll reveal a release date at E3, along with a NSMB Wii U bundle with NSLU already installed on it to be released for this Winter Season.

Also, should not cost more than $10, if it's $20 or more, I would be horrified.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#12RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 5:35:52 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
My prediction is they'll reveal a release date at E3, along with a NSMB Wii U bundle with NSLU already installed on it to be released for this Winter Season.

It's basically an entirely new game with over 80 new levels using a new character not featured in the main game.

Tell me again why $20 wouldn't be reasonable?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#13The_Shadow_LinkPosted 3/12/2013 7:04:42 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...
The_Shadow_Link posted...

It's basically an entirely new game with over 80 new levels using a new character not featured in the main game.

Tell me again why $20 wouldn't be reasonable?

I draw the comparison to Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare which was essentially a new single player story to the game, adding Zombies into the Universe and has a whole new campaign with all new missions, interacting with characters you have already meet in the story of the game and adds plenty of new enemies to deal with, which you need new methods to fight with (Ammo is plentiful in the story, in the Zombie Apocalypse? not so much, so you can't shoot all the zombies forever, you have to prioritise, or in most cases, run). All the while adding new stuff to the game as well like the Horses of the Apocalypse, new outfits and more.

New Super Luigi U is going to have the exact same story as U did, Bowser takes over Peach Castle, go stop him. It's still going to be the same 8 world types (Grass, Desert, Ice, Water, Forest, Mountain, Sky, Lava). And it's looking increasingly likely that it's going to be essentially remixed assets already in the game. A combination of Gimmicks we have already dealt with, possibly changed in that, maybe the Bone-Coaster is shorter than it normally is at best. It doesn't look like there will be new powerups, new baby yoshis, or even new bosses to deal with (Still probably going to be all the koopalings, I'm hoping they aren't carbon copies of the matches before). Might even be the exact same music as well but I'll wait for further details before saying that.

Essentially, it appears to be a type of DLC that a fandom could recreate themselves if a level editor exists for the game, something which Little Big Planet has built in, and Portal 2 and Super Meat Boy, among other platformers, gave out as free DLC. It doesn't appear to be adding new content to the game like Red Dead Redemption did.

And Undead Nightmare was only $10 for all it added, so considering the value of that, that's why I say it is very unreasonable for this dlc to be $20 or higher.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#14iceachePosted 3/12/2013 7:14:41 AM

that would be a horrendously stupid move on their part, especially since they're announcing the new 3D Mario game at e3.. most likely for release for holiday season..
#15tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/12/2013 7:18:02 AM
I'm thinking mid to late summer, with a price tag of $20 to $30. If it's $20 I'm definitely in. If it's $30 I might try to wait for a sale or something. We'll see.
#16freutty2Posted 3/14/2013 7:04:28 AM
I absolutely hated NSMBU. So no way am I excited for NSLU.
---
GE: Z:Tael 0193-8910-3838 Conduit 2 : 3138-6925-0692 Pokemon Black:3225-1688-5979