Miyamoto: Online is most exciting thing in games right now

#101JackalPosted 3/12/2013 11:42:03 AM
Bishop9800 posted...
Following them how? With online? They done online when Sony was making walkmans and when MS was "opening Windows".

Are you really going to try and say that Nintendos online and store services are better than Sony and MS? Is that what your are saying? The Ouya will have better online services the the Wii U.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#102DTY3Posted 3/12/2013 12:16:14 PM
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
Following them how? With online? They done online when Sony was making walkmans and when MS was "opening Windows".

Are you really going to try and say that Nintendos online and store services are better than Sony and MS? Is that what your are saying?

I don't think that's what he said...like at all.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#103jackorhoadsPosted 3/12/2013 12:22:29 PM
You'd think then that NSMBU would have online play in it if its so important...
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#104GloryChaosPosted 3/12/2013 12:29:50 PM
If people aren't going to read each other's post properly, then there's no point in this discussion...
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#105DBPanterAPosted 3/12/2013 12:46:41 PM
The issue here is 2 fold:

1) Nintendo did not capitalize or even acknowledge on-line capabilities for a very long time. They posses the best library of games, yet their Virtual Console on the Wii was a joke between little advertisement and little reason to go there. The prices in my opinion are inflated, especially for older games (NES/SNES). They need to adapt frequent sales on their eShop to get people to spend money. It's better to cut a price and get sales than to get no sales at all. If you look into Nintendo's financial reports, they made very little money on the Virtual Console.

2) The 3DS is far and away the biggest thing in video games in Japan. Nintendo and 3rd Party developers are seeing massive sales for not only the games themselves, but for DLC. He talks about Animal Crossing. The first time they released DLC for that game in Japan they cleared like US $4 million in one day. They realize the importance of DLC, which is why we will see the Luigi add-on for NSMBU.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#106lgiPosted 3/12/2013 1:17:59 PM
DTY3 posted...
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...

Are you really going to try and say that Nintendos online and store services are better than Sony and MS? Is that what your are saying?

Who knows what he's saying. nintendo did it before, and they sucked at it?
#107Beatperson14Posted 3/12/2013 1:23:39 PM
He's awful damn late to the party

Like a decade
#108Lefty128kPosted 3/12/2013 1:26:28 PM
squatch22 posted...
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/395456/miyamoto-online-is-most-exciting-thing-in-games-right-now/

Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto has said he feels that the online capabilities of Wii U have opened "a tremendous amount of possibilities" for the Super Mario firm.

Asked by the New York Times what he finds most exciting about video games right now, the prolific designer suggested that Nintendo will finally embrace online gaming, after years of hesitance to do so.

"For a long time at Nintendo we didn't focus as much on online play because for many years doing so would have limited the size of the audience that could enjoy those features," he explained.

"But certainly now we see that so many people are connected to the Internet. It opens up a tremendous amount of possibilities."

In the same interview the Zelda creator said that despite a slow start, he still thinks the Wii U has a "long future" ahead of it.

"We really view it as being the ideal device that families are going to want to have connected to that screen in the living room that everyone is going to gather around and watch," he said.

"Certainly in the short term I would want to see it performing with probably a little more momentum. I think in the long term I'm not at a point where I'm concerned yet."

In another interview yesterday Miyamoto admitted that the Wii U software library isn't yet as strong as he'd have liked, but claimed Nintendo is now investing significantly in game development.

He told Time: "We still have new things to learn about how to leverage the features and functionalities of Wii U in ways that create fun and interesting new ways to play, including new gameplay systems. As we become even more familiar with the hardware, we'll be able to do more from a software standpoint. That's an area we're currently devoting resources to."

100 character Miiverse posts
Nintendo announcements can take a dozen posts.

LOL @ Nintendo's idea of online features.
#109lgiPosted 3/12/2013 1:30:38 PM
In another interview yesterday Miyamoto admitted that the Wii U software library isn't yet as strong as he'd have liked, but claimed Nintendo is now investing significantly in game development.

NOOOOWWWWW they're investing, after they made they profits from hardware....
#110JackalPosted 3/12/2013 2:52:52 PM
lgi posted...
DTY3 posted...
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...

Who knows what he's saying. nintendo did it before, and they sucked at it?

Yes. For the most part. But neither one of them has answered my question have they?

They did it first and then they stopped and not they have been surpassed. It's that simple. Now they have to play catch up.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz