Miyamoto: Online is most exciting thing in games right now

#131PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 3/13/2013 8:07:14 AM
squatch22 posted...
lol @ all this hating.

That's your response when you can't figure out how to have a logical discussion in your own topic?

Miyamoto said himself for a long time they didn't focus much on the online aspect of their systems, and one of your responses to someone repeating what he basically said was "Derp wut aboot NES, SNES, and N64?"

Drop your guard for a minute and actually try to comprehend what people are saying.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#132DrRMPosted 3/13/2013 10:53:13 AM
stop ignoring me http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a7/Phantasy_Star_Online_III_CARD_Revolution.jpg

:{]
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#133googlerPosted 3/13/2013 11:09:05 AM
Golden Maven posted...
googler posted...
"Miyamoto: Online is most exciting thing in games right now"

wow...welcome to 2003, jackass

Try 2001... Or even earlier, depending on who you ask.

yeah, for sure - meant when it took off for console gaming. In amy case, ironic that they gimped the online part. Maybe they'll nail that part down next gen
#134lp913Posted 3/13/2013 11:22:45 AM
Should have know this thread was going to be a troll feast..........seriously stop feeding.

Nintendo NOW has the proper tech to indeed "catch up" but is all of a matter of how soon they get out their own software in addition to taking FULL advantage of their set up in the eShop (more software, sales, COMPLETE VC and WiiWare conversions, special offers, etc.)
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#135sonic777Posted 3/13/2013 11:26:18 AM
lp913 posted...
Should have know this thread was going to be a troll feast..........seriously stop feeding.

Nintendo NOW has the proper tech to indeed "catch up" but is all of a matter of how soon they get out their own software in addition to taking FULL advantage of their set up in the eShop (more software, sales, COMPLETE VC and WiiWare conversions, special offers, etc.)

As if Nintendo didn't have the proper tech in 2006 with the Wii. XD

No, they did, they just decided against it because
1. they'd rather get rich quick.
2. they'd rather just pump out the same games over and over than actually advance.
#136Bishop9800Posted 3/13/2013 11:39:13 AM
sonic777 posted...

As if Nintendo didn't have the proper tech in 2006 with the Wii. XD

No, they did, they just decided against it because
1. they'd rather get rich quick.
2. they'd rather just pump out the same games over and over than actually advance.

The same could be said about 90% of video game companies.
---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800
#137P4wn4g3Posted 3/15/2013 12:02:03 AM(edited)
I guess most of you guys weren't around when online gaming first became a thing, on the PC mainly. Tons of mods, communities that functioned based on diverse and intimate knowledge of games, and LAN parties. There are still plenty of games that are optimized for online, this much is true, but seeing the boom of creative gaming online and mods all coming from users was pretty cool. You wouldn't be able to deny the influence of online play if you'd been involved with that. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo don't really do it right though. The one that comes closest is Microsoft because they create a system that allows for so many exploits, but they've also patched that opportunity into obscurity. So then a game company that benefitted directly from the original plunge into online gaming, Valve, comes in and creates a system somewhat similar to the original. The difference is that Valve wants to profit on everything and doesn't bother fine tuning everything.

I liked it when players could set up their own gaming environments. They had total control over game servers and had to manage game servers in order to have that community. Company run servers are far inferior, mainly because they don't get in with the players. They don't play the games. When they do, they are just players and there isn't any crossover between the two roles. And modding? Forget it. Only Valve has realized the potential for that, probably due to the Team Fortress deal.

Anyway I agree that online gaming isn't what Nintendo should focus on, except maybe for intensely competitive games like Smash Bros. or Mario Kart. Those can still be easily screwed up if they aren't done right, and seeing as they probably won't try to have people play the game online to give them criticism I think it's fairly likely it won't be great. As a side note, I've only ever considered accounts for Microsoft convenient in that they track unlockables. Still no save data, but stats and everything are there. That said, I see them as a method of control and data mining primarily.
---
This is my serious face.