Miyamoto: Online is most exciting thing in games right now

#21GensokyoPosted 3/12/2013 6:43:01 AM
This better not affect local multiplayer, like it has on every other platform.
#22berenddebeerPosted 3/12/2013 6:50:10 AM
Nintendo had internet services before either sony or microsoft made consoles lol
#23Darth_ElusivePosted 3/12/2013 6:51:12 AM
I really wonder what's in the head of Nintendo's executive.

To some extend, I find Square Enix and Nintendo are similar in that they both face fierce competition from western game companies in software or hardware.

SE in-house team is no longer capable of developing hit games like they used to. Final Fantasy is so yesterday. But SE did a smart thing, they bought EIDOS to diversify and catch up with the rest of the world.

Nintendo still make good games and hardware that sells. BUT, they can't just depend on Mario and Zelda forever, both of which are becoming repetitive.

I am not that interested in the next Mario or Zelda game on Wii U for I know they would be fine games. I more interested in what plan Nintendo has to catch up with the mainstream. This comment by Miyamoto about Online being exciting right now just shows how backward in thinking Nintendo executives are.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5
#24mcsmellingtonPosted 3/12/2013 6:52:20 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Gimea posted...
still no account, software tied to hardware.

Software is tied to accounts. Accounts are currently tied to the hardware. Later, accounts should expand beyond that.

This. People need to stop parroting this b.s. They indicated that this will be rectified in a future update. And worst case you can call Nintendo and have your **** transferred. Ability to move between hardware would've mattered a lot more if half of all launch consoles red-ringed like some other console manufacture I know of.

The fact Nintendo lacked the foresight to see this would be an issue is ridiculous. They're well behind everyone in regards to online features and accounts now. The least they could do is match their competitors.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#25JackalPosted 3/12/2013 6:53:34 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Gimea posted...
still no account, software tied to hardware.

Software is tied to accounts. Accounts are currently tied to the hardware. Later, accounts should expand beyond that.

This. People need to stop parroting this b.s. They indicated that this will be rectified in a future update. And worst case you can call Nintendo and have your **** transferred. Ability to move between hardware would've mattered a lot more if half of all launch consoles red-ringed like some other console manufacture I know of.

Until it happens it's just talk. And it should have been implemented from the get go. Locking accounts to hardware was just a bad idea that they should have realized as soon as someone mentioned doing it in their meetings. Hardware can fail. Hardware can be "accidentally" damaged. Hardware can be stolen. Hardware can be sold. If the "last gen" console can allow you to transfer your accounts without the aid of the manufacturers then why on earth would you make you "next gen" console unable to do the same?
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#26pikachupwnagePosted 3/12/2013 6:54:42 AM
mcsmellington posted...
If Nintendo insist on advancing their already ancient online functions by only a few millimetres at a time, as they have been doing, then they can be excited all they want - but their consoles won't be used seriously for online gaming. We'll end up with the same situation as BLOPS2, everyone will buy the games for the systems with competent online functionality.

You mean everyone bought it on the other systems because they already had a huge COD fanbase and also released 5 days before the Wii U version?
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#27mcsmellingtonPosted 3/12/2013 7:05:25 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
mcsmellington posted...
If Nintendo insist on advancing their already ancient online functions by only a few millimetres at a time, as they have been doing, then they can be excited all they want - but their consoles won't be used seriously for online gaming. We'll end up with the same situation as BLOPS2, everyone will buy the games for the systems with competent online functionality.

You mean everyone bought it on the other systems because they already had a huge COD fanbase and also released 5 days before the Wii U version?

If Activision actually bother to release another CoD on the Wii U, we'll have a look at the sort of numbers its community reaches. BLOPS2 gets a couple of thousand, tops. Most game modes aren't even playable cos there's no community there. If they'd been released simultaneously, it wouldn't have mattered, people would have gone PS360 because they have decent online features. Messaging, party chat, all features you can't do when you're playing on the Wii U.

I have the Wii U version, I enjoy it. But you can't deny that its a gimped version lacking in features and content, and Nintendos crap online setup does it no favours.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#28P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/12/2013 7:09:22 AM
mcsmellington posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
mcsmellington posted...

If Activision actually bother to release another CoD on the Wii U, we'll have a look at the sort of numbers its community reaches. BLOPS2 gets a couple of thousand, tops. Most game modes aren't even playable cos there's no community there. If they'd been released simultaneously, it wouldn't have mattered, people would have gone PS360 because they have decent online features. Messaging, party chat, all features you can't do when you're playing on the Wii U.

I have the Wii U version, I enjoy it. But you can't deny that its a gimped version lacking in features and content, and Nintendos crap online setup does it no favours.

People would buy it on PS360 because the game's fanbase already largely exists on these older, cheaper consoles. The online features hardly differ here with the only thing really missing is party chat.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#29Dante200XPosted 3/12/2013 7:10:36 AM
>Nintendo doesn't like online.

LOL NINTENDO GET WITH THE TIMES

> Nintendo does like online.

You act like this isn't true though. They're way behind on the online gaming front.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
#30P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/12/2013 7:12:57 AM
Dante200X posted...
>Nintendo doesn't like online.

> Nintendo does like online.

You act like this isn't true though. They're way behind on the online gaming front.

Nintendo has been experimenting with online since the NES. They just aren't giving it all their attention as many devs are doing today resulting in terrible offline games. Create a good game first, then worry about online.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa