Miyamoto: Online is most exciting thing in games right now

#41jakestar0306Posted 3/12/2013 7:44:47 AM
And the last horse crosses the finish line.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#42Bancario51Posted 3/12/2013 7:47:18 AM
Miyamoto: Needs to retire
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#43JackalPosted 3/12/2013 7:51:25 AM
Fou Lu posted...
No, online is not exciting and it's not a smart thing to add to games. Almost every single game in existence that isn't called "Call of Duty" or "Halo" will have a dead online community in a matter of weeks after it's release. Yes, it's super popular at launch, but a year later, multiplayer in most games is completely dead. Companies need to stop adding it to games as it's not worth the time or money.

There are a number of games that DO NOT need an MP mode but do benefit from co-op. Most MP modes are the same old run-n-gun or capture the flag stuff with a new game themed skin.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#44FabulousZeroPosted 3/12/2013 7:56:51 AM
Fou Lu posted...
No, online is not exciting and it's not a smart thing to add to games. Companies need to stop adding it to games as it's not worth the time or money.

---
It took me three playthroughs to realize Harbinger was a reaper
If you dislike FFXIII, you're an idiot.
#45JackalPosted 3/12/2013 8:00:12 AM
Bancario51 posted...
Miyamoto: Needs to retire

Then they would have to get a new patsy. We have Reggie in the US. Iwata sure isn't going to do it. He makes a fool of himself already.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#46Bishop9800Posted 3/12/2013 8:01:22 AM
Jackal posted...
berenddebeer posted...
Nintendo had internet services before either sony or microsoft made consoles lol

And they failed miserably at progressing it. Remember that online capably Game Cube?

Nintendo had online way before the GameCube. They had it for Nes, Snes, and N64.
---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800
#47PhaseSlaethePosted 3/12/2013 8:08:27 AM
No it really isn't.

If you wanted to play with immature kids, go back to highschool.
#48thompsontalker7Posted 3/12/2013 8:08:51 AM
The limited Wi-Fi multiplayer stuff I've done on my DS/3DS isn't bad.

All they need to do is create universal accounts that aren't tied to the system and they'll have finally caught up.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#49CranberryPSOPosted 3/12/2013 8:13:32 AM
I remeber the SNES had something called Caterpillar or something that was some kind of modem.

What did the NES have though? I don't remember the NES ever being online. If it was, it must have been something really obscure.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#50DeathSoul2000Posted 3/12/2013 8:13:55 AM
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...
berenddebeer posted...
Nintendo had internet services before either sony or microsoft made consoles lol

And they failed miserably at progressing it. Remember that online capably Game Cube?

Nintendo had online way before the GameCube. They had it for Nes, Snes, and N64.

in japan.