Miyamoto: Online is most exciting thing in games right now

#61Bishop9800Posted 3/12/2013 7:28:53 AM
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...
berenddebeer posted...
Nintendo had internet services before either sony or microsoft made consoles lol

And they failed miserably at progressing it. Remember that online capably Game Cube?

Nintendo had online way before the GameCube. They had it for Nes, Snes, and N64.

And they failed miserably to progress it.

How did they fail? It was a hugh hit in Japan. Just because it wasnt here in the states, doesn't mean it failed.
---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800
#62JackalPosted 3/12/2013 7:37:16 AM
Bishop9800 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...
berenddebeer posted...
Nintendo had internet services before either sony or microsoft made consoles lol

And they failed miserably at progressing it. Remember that online capably Game Cube?

Nintendo had online way before the GameCube. They had it for Nes, Snes, and N64.

in japan.

So?..... The point is that they did online way before the GameCube and Sony. It doesn't matter where it was.

They dropped the ball with online gaming.

They had a chance to get back into it alongside of the PS2 and Xbox and they chose to not support it. Now they are behind their competitors. Why are you all trying to ignore that simple fact? Same with HD gaming. Third parties learned how to do it on the competitors systems. Nintendo is just learning how to do it which is part of their struggle to get new games out. Same with disc based gaming. Same with hardware. Nintendo is behind on a lot of things.

Just because you did it first doesn't mean that you've done it best.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#63Bishop9800Posted 3/12/2013 7:37:31 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...

it completely matters for the simple fact that duhhh - ANYONE WHO WASN'T IN JAPAN DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT SO IT DOES NOT COUNT.

I wasn't in Japan, and I knew about it. I had some friends that knew about it from Gamepro, EGM, and others. Just because YOU didn't know, doesn't mean it dont count.
---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800
#64Bishop9800Posted 3/12/2013 7:50:17 AM
Jackal posted...

They had a chance to get back into it alongside of the PS2 and Xbox and they chose to not support it. Now they are behind their competitors. Why are you all trying to ignore that simple fact? Same with HD gaming. Third parties learned how to do it on the competitors systems. Nintendo is just learning how to do it which is part of their struggle to get new games out. Same with disc based gaming. Same with hardware. Nintendo is behind on a lot of things. i

First of all, Nintendo had disk based gaming for the Snes harddrive. Second, you forget, Nintendo doesn't have to "follow" their competitors. They make their own way and companies follows them. But I understand you. You look for systems that have bells and whistles. I play systems for fun.
---
PSN-Bishop9800
#65SamStone22Posted 3/12/2013 7:53:16 AM
Well i was just wondering. what do most of you think about girls in games and anime. Do think that companies should stop dressing women these ways or leave them be.
From tiny bodys and big boobs what do you guys think. I think they should leave them as they are but every now and again someone will complain that women shouldnt look that way as its not realistic to what women really look like.
gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/gitimm_blog/archive/2013/03/12/sunghai-league.aspx
gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/gitimm_blog/archive/2013/03/12/jotika-league.aspx
gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/gitimm_blog/archive/2013/03/12/ikajoti-league.aspx
gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/gitimm_blog/archive/2013/03/12/unghais-league.aspx
gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/gitimm_blog/archive/2013/03/12/waitandsee.aspx
linkinpark.com/photo/gitimm2 linkinpark.com/photo/gitimm1 linkinpark.com/photo/gitimm3 linkinpark.com/photo/gitimm4
linkinpark.com/photo/gitimm5 linkinpark.com/photo/gitimm2x linkinpark.com/photo/gitimm5x linkinpark.com/photo/gitimmxd
truthfully some *i said some* could if they simply worked out and stayed with the habbit of working out*though most dont and then complain when they dont look the way they want to look. So let me hear what you guys think on this.
ome movies are content with being a light, entertaining, albeit shallow experience. Other movies however, wish to push the envelope, and sometimes, in order to do so, certain film-makers forget to make their film entertaining. This list is here to honor the films that aren't afraid to dig deep into the darkest side of humanity, whether you like it or not...or vomit. So here it is.
The Plot: In this shot-for-shot remake directed by Michael Haneke (Who also directed the original foreign film), a family of three (mother, father, son, and their dog too) take a drive to their vacation home close to the lake. An idyllic, quiet, peaceful home, the family relax, the father (Tim Roth) takes his son (Devon Gearhart) out on the boat while good ole mum (Naomi Watts) prepares the dinner. Shortly enough, two young psychopaths (Michael Pitt and Brady Corbet) invade their home and take the family hostage to play a little game, hence the ironic title. What ensues is what you think will be a typical hostage thriller in the vein of Panic Room, but ends up being much more than anyone could bargain for.

What Happens: Here's the funny thing about Funny Games (pun not intended): None of the violence is ever shown on-screen, at all. You see a few after-views, but as far as the actual acts of the violence go, you hardly see any of it. And yet, funnier still, is the fact that this is still a deeply affecting movie, with plenty of critics and regular viewers alike in film festivals walking out of the theater because of how shocking, unnerving, and uncompromising the movie is.

What Haneke does here is play against almost every single Hollywood thriller trope in the book. Rather than making an entertainingly suspenseful thriller, he makes it incredibly uncomfortable through every step of the way, intentionally. You may think that the cute and innocent little boy won't get shot because, by nature, we've seen enough movies to know that Hollywood children hardly ever get killed in this type of cinematic situation. But, guess what, the kid is murdered point black in front of his disbelieving parents. The actual murder itself isn't shown, of course, but by god, is it disturbing. Other acts of sadism are on display as well (Some of them actually end up being subverted because the killers can literally break the fourth wall), but none of them are really any match for that scene.

What kind of weird post is this?
---
I make a topic in Final Fantasy 12 to ask if Tifa! They said no Tifa. Hardness gone!-gandob
#66JackalPosted 3/12/2013 7:57:37 AM
Bishop9800 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

it completely matters for the simple fact that duhhh - ANYONE WHO WASN'T IN JAPAN DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT SO IT DOES NOT COUNT.

I wasn't in Japan, and I knew about it. I had some friends that knew about it from Gamepro, EGM, and others. Just because YOU didn't know, doesn't mean it dont count.

It wasn't widely available to the rest of the world and most people only may have read an article on it.
---
#67JackalPosted 3/12/2013 8:07:00 AM
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...

They had a chance to get back into it alongside of the PS2 and Xbox and they chose to not support it. Now they are behind their competitors. Why are you all trying to ignore that simple fact? Same with HD gaming. Third parties learned how to do it on the competitors systems. Nintendo is just learning how to do it which is part of their struggle to get new games out. Same with disc based gaming. Same with hardware. Nintendo is behind on a lot of things. i

First of all, Nintendo had disk based gaming for the Snes harddrive. Second, you forget, Nintendo doesn't have to "follow" their competitors. They make their own way and companies follows them. But I understand you. You look for systems that have bells and whistles. I play systems for fun.

No. The problem is Nintendo IS following their competition. Literally. And you are right, I do like my bells and whistles but I also play games on which ever system that game may be on. Why else would I have bought a Wii? And an import model at that! I sure didn't buy it for motion controls. I bought it for Monster Hunter Tri.

You can buy that line of crap about them not competing with Sony and MS because crap is just what that statement is. As long as they are selling video game consoles they ARE competing with anyone else doing the same. How can any of you actually believe that they aren't?
---
#68Bishop9800Posted 3/12/2013 8:08:53 AM
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

It wasn't widely available to the rest of the world and most people only may have read an article on it.

The UK had it. So did Europe, and I want to say Canada also. (dont quote me on that one.) The reason why we didnt get it was because of FCC rules.
---
PSN-Bishop9800
#69CapnStankyPosted 3/12/2013 8:11:09 AM
Welcome to 10 years ago, Nintendo. Except Sony and Microsoft were doing online gaming better 10 years ago than Nintendo is doing today. Such an inept company.
---
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.
#70berenddebeerPosted 3/12/2013 8:18:28 AM
CapnStanky posted...
Welcome to 10 years ago, Nintendo. Except Sony and Microsoft were doing online gaming better 10 years ago than Nintendo is doing today. Such an inept company.

And they still suck at it