Miyamoto: Online is most exciting thing in games right now

#71JackalPosted 3/12/2013 8:20:48 AM
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

it completely matters for the simple fact that duhhh - ANYONE WHO WASN'T IN JAPAN DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT SO IT DOES NOT COUNT.

I wasn't in Japan, and I knew about it. I had some friends that knew about it from Gamepro, EGM, and others. Just because YOU didn't know, doesn't mean it dont count.

It wasn't widely available to the rest of the world and most people only may have read an article on it.

The UK had it. So did Europe, and I want to say Canada also. (dont quote me on that one.) The reason why we didnt get it was because of FCC rules.

Okay, so what does it have to do with the state of their online gaming today? They still have not progressed it being the pioneers of the feature that you say they are. Why are they lacking so?
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#72TheBonfiniPosted 3/12/2013 8:31:08 AM
They always say that whatever they suck at is not needed for gaming.

They say it about cloud gaming and said it about online.

They do this because they are a greedy company and do not have much incentive to invest thier billions into their fanbase that defends their redonkulous stances.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#73Bishop9800Posted 3/12/2013 8:35:25 AM
Jackal posted...

No. The problem is Nintendo IS following their competition. Literally. And you are right, I do like my bells and whistles but I also play games on which ever system that game may be on. Why else would I have bought a Wii? And an import model at that! I sure didn't buy it for motion controls. I bought it for Monster Hunter Tri.

You can buy that line of crap about them not competing with Sony and MS because crap is just what that statement is. As long as they are selling video game consoles they ARE competing with anyone else doing the same. How can any of you actually believe that they aren't?

First of all, I don't know why you brought a Wii. I know why I got my systems. I got my Wii for anything Zelda. I got my PS3 for anything Metal Gear. (I refuse to buy anything MS) Nintendo never had to follow their competition. Their competition are too busy following them.
---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800
#74berenddebeerPosted 3/12/2013 8:36:30 AM
TheBonfini posted...
They always say that whatever they suck at is not needed for gaming.

They say it about cloud gaming and said it about online.

They do this because they are a greedy company and do not have much incentive to invest thier billions into their fanbase that defends their redonkulous stances.

Let me ask you this: do you consider ms and *ony as NOT greedy?
#75Bishop9800Posted 3/12/2013 8:48:47 AM(edited)
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

it completely matters for the simple fact that duhhh - ANYONE WHO WASN'T IN JAPAN DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT SO IT DOES NOT COUNT.

I wasn't in Japan, and I knew about it. I had some friends that knew about it from Gamepro, EGM, and others. Just because YOU didn't know, doesn't mean it dont count.

It wasn't widely available to the rest of the world and most people only may have read an article on it.

The UK had it. So did Europe, and I want to say Canada also. (dont quote me on that one.) The reason why we didnt get it was because of FCC rules.

Okay, so what does it have to do with the state of their online gaming today? They still have not progressed it being the pioneers of the feature that you say they are. Why are they lacking so?

Well, their online gaming is working out good in Japan and on the 3ds. I'll say they doing ok. I will admit I was turned off my Ninny's friend code. That was crap. Give it time. It will take off. Remember when Sony first went online? It was not widely supported.
---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800
#76squidgy617Posted 3/12/2013 8:51:44 AM
I have to agree with some people who pointed out earlier that online isn't really all that important anyway.

I mean, yeah, online is awesome, and I'm certainly glad Nintendo is finally getting there head in the game, but if I want to play online I'll play Halo or something designed for it. In the case of Nintendo games, you've got lots of single-player stuff like Zelda, Kirby, and Metroid, and then you've got the occasional multiplayer thing like Mario Kart, NSMB, and Smash Bros. Thing is, other than maybe Mario Kart, I think most of Nintendo's games are an experience more fun when you're sitting around the TV with some friends and family.

But eh. I'm all for Nintendo embracing online, but I didn't really care before anyway. Come to think of it, there aren't really many games out there that have enjoyable online other than the big-name FPS's like TF2, Halo, CoD, etc.
#77FuzzyJelloPosted 3/12/2013 8:54:38 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
>Nintendo doesn't like online.

LOL NINTENDO GET WITH THE TIMES

> Nintendo does like online.

LOL NINTENDO GET WITH THE TIMES

Seriously.

Let's not forget, it made far more sense to be skeptical of console online play in 2005, with the Xbox as the only machine of the 3 to consistently use it for games and not much else, to 2012 where we have all three consoles running services I don't think any of the manufacturers expected their machines to be running in 2007.

One of the first Sony PS4 interviews I read, can't remember with whom, had the interviewee stating that the PS3 had only dipped it's toes into the online/cloud sphere, despite having 500 GB hard drives and loads of online services, some of them proprietary, for years at this point. Interesting that the idea that online multimedia "Snuck up" on the 7th gen machines is still there, versus pretending it always it was. At least Nintendo is honest in that regard.

That and Nintendo TV. That came absolutely out of left field.
#78ElectricMolePosted 3/12/2013 8:55:44 AM
I heard there's this thing called internet. It's pretty cool right now with the kids.

have a gingersnap, dear.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#79JackalPosted 3/12/2013 9:02:24 AM
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...

No. The problem is Nintendo IS following their competition. Literally. And you are right, I do like my bells and whistles but I also play games on which ever system that game may be on. Why else would I have bought a Wii? And an import model at that! I sure didn't buy it for motion controls. I bought it for Monster Hunter Tri.

You can buy that line of crap about them not competing with Sony and MS because crap is just what that statement is. As long as they are selling video game consoles they ARE competing with anyone else doing the same. How can any of you actually believe that they aren't?

First of all, I don't know why you brought a Wii. I know why I got my systems. I got my Wii for anything Zelda. I got my PS3 for anything Metal Gear. (I refuse to buy anything MS) Nintendo never had to follow their competition. Their competition are too busy following them.

I just told your why I bought a Wii. >_<

They all follow each other in some way or another. Nintendo IS competing with them. They have no choice as long as they are making game systems.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#80DemonDog666Posted 3/12/2013 9:02:40 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
This. People need to stop parroting this b.s. They indicated that this will be rectified in a future update. And worst case you can call Nintendo and have your **** transferred. Ability to move between hardware would've mattered a lot more if half of all launch consoles red-ringed like some other console manufacture I know of.

No, there is no real account system on wiiU and there's no sign that it will be fixed any time soon and worst case is you losing all your games and Nintendo refusing to help you, which has already happened several times. What you consider an account is just a screen name.