Miyamoto: Online is most exciting thing in games right now

#81DTY3Posted 3/12/2013 10:04:06 AM
@Jackal

The Wii U can also voice chat and video chat. I mean why else would the controller have a camera and mic?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#82Bishop9800Posted 3/12/2013 10:07:46 AM
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...

No. The problem is Nintendo IS following their competition. Literally. And you are right, I do like my bells and whistles but I also play games on which ever system that game may be on. Why else would I have bought a Wii? And an import model at that! I sure didn't buy it for motion controls. I bought it for Monster Hunter Tri.

You can buy that line of crap about them not competing with Sony and MS because crap is just what that statement is. As long as they are selling video game consoles they ARE competing with anyone else doing the same. How can any of you actually believe that they aren't?

First of all, I don't know why you brought a Wii. I know why I got my systems. I got my Wii for anything Zelda. I got my PS3 for anything Metal Gear. (I refuse to buy anything MS) Nintendo never had to follow their competition. Their competition are too busy following them.

I just told your why I bought a Wii. >_<

They all follow each other in some way or another. Nintendo IS competing with them. They have no choice as long as they are making game systems.

Understandable. But its more of everyone following Ninny, then Ninny following everyone...
---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800
#83JackalPosted 3/12/2013 10:09:37 AM
Bishop9800 posted...
Well, their online gaming is working out good in Japan and on the 3ds. I'll say they doing ok. I will admit I was turned off my Ninny's friend code. That was crap. Give it time. It will take off. Remember when Sony first went online? It was not widely supported.

That was a long time ago and that is exactly my point. Nintendo should have been right along side of them and MS doing online. They all have had two generations to work things out and look at the state of Nintendo's online. Getting support isn't the problem. They left online gaming on the GC up to 3rd parties when they abandoned it. But who did they think was really going to do that when they announced that they themselves wouldn't?

Everyone else is ready. This is not new to them in this day and age of online gaming for consoles. Nintendo has to catch up now to the competition. And they are completely delusional if they think they they don't have any.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#84JackalPosted 3/12/2013 10:11:01 AM
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...

No. The problem is Nintendo IS following their competition. Literally. And you are right, I do like my bells and whistles but I also play games on which ever system that game may be on. Why else would I have bought a Wii? And an import model at that! I sure didn't buy it for motion controls. I bought it for Monster Hunter Tri.

You can buy that line of crap about them not competing with Sony and MS because crap is just what that statement is. As long as they are selling video game consoles they ARE competing with anyone else doing the same. How can any of you actually believe that they aren't?

First of all, I don't know why you brought a Wii. I know why I got my systems. I got my Wii for anything Zelda. I got my PS3 for anything Metal Gear. (I refuse to buy anything MS) Nintendo never had to follow their competition. Their competition are too busy following them.

They all follow each other in some way or another. Nintendo IS competing with them. They have no choice as long as they are making game systems.

Understandable. But its more of everyone following Ninny, then Ninny following everyone...

Well Ninny is following them now.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#85_Sovereign_Posted 3/12/2013 10:15:55 AM
Phasmatis92 posted...
Online never has been very exciting, and it still isn't.

Agreed
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#86Bishop9800Posted 3/12/2013 10:30:59 AM
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
Well, their online gaming is working out good in Japan and on the 3ds. I'll say they doing ok. I will admit I was turned off my Ninny's friend code. That was crap. Give it time. It will take off. Remember when Sony first went online? It was not widely supported.

That was a long time ago and that is exactly my point. Nintendo should have been right along side of them and MS doing online. They all have had two generations to work things out and look at the state of Nintendo's online. Getting support isn't the problem. They left online gaming on the GC up to 3rd parties when they abandoned it. But who did they think was really going to do that when they announced that they themselves wouldn't?

Everyone else is ready. This is not new to them in this day and age of online gaming for consoles. Nintendo has to catch up now to the competition. And they are completely delusional if they think they they don't have any.

what was a long time ago? I said that their online is doing good in Japan, and their 3ds online is doing good. That's not a long time ago, thats today.
---
I don't have to insult you. I have proven that you are a hypocrite and a fool. That's not insulting you, that's exposing you.
PSN-Bishop9800
#87El_ZaggyPosted 3/12/2013 10:36:24 AM(edited)
lol this shows how disconnected nintendo and Miyamoto is from the gaming industry, the gamer and the technology.

Wake up nintendo, multiplayer and online modes/bonus/coop/whatever has been here for 2 whole console generations and much longer on pc.

Welcome the the 21st century. This still prove that nintendo didnt evolve.
#88Bishop9800Posted 3/12/2013 10:35:01 AM
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...
Bishop9800 posted...
Jackal posted...

Well Ninny is following them now.

Following them how? With online? They done online when Sony was making walkmans and when MS was "opening Windows".
---
PSN-Bishop9800
#89excitebike64Posted 3/12/2013 10:48:42 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...

it completely matters for the simple fact that duhhh - ANYONE WHO WASN'T IN JAPAN DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT SO IT DOES NOT COUNT.

It does count. And I posted a couple up that with a peripheral, even in the US, people could play SNES games online. Mario Kart for sure. A few others. It was a deal with XBand, I think it was called. Sega also used something similar.
#90jakestar0306Posted 3/12/2013 10:50:50 AM
El_Zaggy posted...
lol this shows how disconnected nintendo and Miyamoto is from the gaming industry, the gamer and the technology.

Wake up nintendo, multiplayer and online modes/bonus/coop/whatever has been here for 2 whole console generations and much longer on pc.

Welcome the the 21st century. This still prove that nintendo didnt evolve.

All it proves is that Nintendo thinks online is a good concept. Do Sony, Microsoft, and PC owners also need to "wake up"?
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.