Miyamoto: Online is most exciting thing in games right now

#91ballermat982Posted 3/12/2013 9:56:35 AM
As of others have said, Nintendo is a little late to the party here, but at least they're trying to catch up. I hope we'll start seeing Nintendo make first party games with online coop and multiplayer. I know that not every game needs it or should have it at all, but many games, like Nintendoland, should have it. I would love to see Nintendo create a brand new IP with addictive online coop, preferably an rpg.
#92LeetyroneusPosted 3/12/2013 9:59:56 AM
BeerOnTap posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
No surprise here, Wii U is last gen together with PS3 and 360.

You mean current gen, since neither PS4 nor 720 are out yet.

With you here, just think of all the billygoats successfully crossing your bridge right now.

hot damn lol... troll naturalized
---
If you try to fail and succeed, then which on is really true....+
#93Dragon NexusPosted 3/12/2013 10:11:59 AM
Quite a turn around from when internet gaming was just a fad that would die off, eh?

Same for their reluctance to make an HD console in the Wii, since HD gaming was gimmicky and wouldn't stand the test on people's wallets.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#94PUNCHOUT1116Posted 3/12/2013 10:25:31 AM
I love Nintendo, but I wish they would quit pretending to care about online. Comments like this are more embarrassing for them than anything.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#95squatch22(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 10:29:53 AM
lol @ all this hating.
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#96SSJ4CHRISPosted 3/12/2013 10:31:21 AM
squatch22 posted...
oshawott4ever posted...
So up until now, the internet wasn't really a thing for Nintendo?

ok...

Yep. It wasn't a thing when Nintendo had online on the NES...downloadable games on the SNES or online chat on the N64...

Why are you getting sand in your pants at him when Miyamoto himself said the same damn thing? Learn to read your own post before you start crying and trolling people.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#97DTY3Posted 3/12/2013 10:37:43 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Quite a turn around from when internet gaming was just a fad that would die off, eh?

Same for their reluctance to make an HD console in the Wii, since HD gaming was gimmicky and wouldn't stand the test on people's wallets.

To be fair, that quip about online was said by the previous president, Yamuichi (at least i think it was). And he was pretty much the definition of senility and was leading Nintendo down a dark path.

And back in 2006, HD WAS expensive. Thats not to say the Wii shouldnt have had HD qualities. Hell they could have kept the graphics where they were and just added HD support. But they didnt even do that.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#98AsuirPosted 3/12/2013 10:38:13 AM
Oh come on, no one can say that Nintendo's online infrastructure is even up to par to Sony or Microsoft.
---
Ftw!
#99MasterDarkenPosted 3/12/2013 10:54:34 AM
Asuir posted...
Oh come on, no one can say that Nintendo's online infrastructure is even up to par to Sony or Microsoft.

So...why are you bothering to say anything on it then? :)
#100WaferMonPosted 3/12/2013 11:26:45 AM
MassOfFlesh posted...
I was hoping Miyamoto: Online was the name of a new MMO.

I'd definitely play Miyamoto Online.