Anyone else agree that Metroid is Nintendo's best IP?

#1wrightreyesrockPosted 3/12/2013 5:48:20 PM
Whenever anyone ever talks about great Nintendo ips, they always mention Mario and Zelda, but for me, metroid is the best of the bunch. Metroid primes 1 and 2, and super metroid are some of my all-time favorite games, while metroid prime 3, metroid fusion and metroid zero mission are also amazing games in their own right.

But after the release of the terrible other m, Nintendo really hasn't hinted at anything else from the franchise coming out. It's been in a standstill and its a little troubling.

I hope the Wii u eventually gets some amazing metroid games of the caliber of the first two primes and super. The series deserves better than to have other m be the end of it
#2Reflex-ArcPosted 3/12/2013 5:52:35 PM
For me it's the Zelda franchise despite Super Metroid being my favorite Nintendo game of all time. There were just far more Zelda titles that I enjoyed over Metroid titles in the grand scheme of things.
#3FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/12/2013 5:53:13 PM
metroid is up there but i enjoy kirby more than metroid. for me it goes

Mario > Zelda > Smash Bros > Kirby > Metroid > Donkey Kong > the rest of there IPS
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#4james_hellerPosted 3/12/2013 5:56:58 PM
Hmmmm...Metroid Prime, is my personal favorite game ever (with Super Metroid up there too). And both of these games, especially MP, stood the test of time. With that being said...

that horrible stain known as Other **** destroyed the timeline, including that of Super and MP, to the point of MP not even being cannon.

So maybe, if Nintendo will retcon Other **** and make MP cannon. Oh, and drop Sakamoto. Yokoi is rolling in his grave over MOM.
#5Tsutarja495Posted 3/12/2013 6:00:34 PM(edited)
No, the best is Mario because it sells the most.
#6Petey_MeanisPosted 3/12/2013 6:02:08 PM
Metroid is boring in my opinion.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#7ChipChippersonPosted 3/12/2013 6:07:55 PM
Yes. I'd step over a stack of Zeldas and Marios to get at a new Metroid....or Starfox for that matter. IMO both franchises are criminally under-utilized.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#8MathewMansonPosted 3/12/2013 6:11:11 PM
A Link to the Past > every Metroid game in existence.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#9crimsonclaw111Posted 3/12/2013 6:16:21 PM
It's one of their best, but honestly mainline Mario and Zelda are their best series. Even the disappointing console entries have been ace: Sunshine, Twilight Princess, etc.

Handheld is hit or miss, Mario is amazing, but those DS Zeldas... dunno man.

Metroid is going to need a lot of recovering after Other M.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#10SlimeSwayzePosted 3/12/2013 6:16:29 PM
It was.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.