Gamepad gets too warm?

#1Nophoria88Posted 3/13/2013 12:14:49 AM
So I just got it and I've been playing the MHU3 demo and the controller feels too warm where I hold it, I never had this problem with any other controller. Even browsing the eshop I feel it heating up, it gets uncomfortable, does anyone get the same thing? Would a grip not heat up like this plastic does? Thanks for any help.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 3/13/2013 12:15:13 AM
dunno lol
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3StarBladeEdgePosted 3/13/2013 12:25:16 AM
stop putting the gamepad in your...dadadadadaaaaadaaduuudududu
---
Your profile information is displayed to the public, and contains offensive or illegal material ! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#4Nophoria88(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 12:30:26 AM
Yeah funny, does it not get warm for anyone else when you use it?
#5SocranPosted 3/13/2013 12:49:19 AM(edited)
Saw a topic about someone else asking if anyone else's gamepad gets warm. I keep forgetting to check for myself. It's the kind of thing I don't notice while I'm busy playing, even with the 3DS, which definitely gets warm if I play while it's charging.

Hmm, come to think of it... Is yours charging while you play? If so, and it's really that uncomfortable, you could always try playing without the charger in. Just remember to start charging again within four hours or so.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#6Nophoria88(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 1:07:31 AM
Socran posted...
Saw a topic about someone else asking if anyone else's gamepad gets warm. I keep forgetting to check for myself. It's the kind of thing I don't notice while I'm busy playing, even with the 3DS, which definitely gets warm if I play while it's charging.

Hmm, come to think of it... Is yours charging while you play? If so, and it's really that uncomfortable, you could always try playing without the charger in. Just remember to start charging again within four hours or so.

It's just from normal holding it, even when charger is not in. I really think it's the type of plastic because it gets warm from the heat of my hands, I'm just not sure if a grip/cover/armor case would fix this problem.
#7GLDanzegoPosted 3/13/2013 4:49:21 AM
I've seen a lot of people complain about a lot of, shall we say, interesting things, but come on........you're worried because the control gets warm from the heat of your hands?

Only on Gamefaqs. *facepalm*

----
#8phy2jshPosted 3/13/2013 8:33:04 AM
GLDanzego posted...
I've seen a lot of people complain about a lot of, shall we say, interesting things, but come on........you're worried because the control gets warm from the heat of your hands?

----

Don't be so dismissive; this is a serious problem!

TC, I had the same issue. I tried many solutions, but to no avail. I just recently tried cutting my hands off with a circular saw, which seems to have solved the problem, but now I have a new issue: my stump keeps hitting the B button at the same time as when I try to press the A button. I'm now thinking of selling my Wii U due to this design flaw.
#9GLDanzegoPosted 3/13/2013 6:38:33 PM
phy2jsh posted...
GLDanzego posted...

----

Don't be so dismissive; this is a serious problem!

TC, I had the same issue. I tried many solutions, but to no avail. I just recently tried cutting my hands off with a circular saw, which seems to have solved the problem, but now I have a new issue: my stump keeps hitting the B button at the same time as when I try to press the A button. I'm now thinking of selling my Wii U due to this design flaw.

Touche. XD
#10MathewMansonPosted 3/13/2013 6:41:12 PM
Never been warm for me. Well I don't think it has.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.