Gamepad gets too warm?

#11kozzy1717Posted 3/13/2013 7:44:42 PM
This is one of the only problems I dont have with my Wii U. Id take it any day over my odd system glitches
---
http://www.kozarskeep.com
#12Nophoria88(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 8:59:31 PM
Thank you all people who were trying to be helpful and thanks for all the rude comments too, I was talking about it becoming very uncomfortable in my damn hands, it might have been from cut off blood circulation - I don't know, it felt uncomfortable and got warm and agitating. I would look at where the gamepad rested in my palm and it was red there and the controller was warm, I guess from how I hold it. Bunch of immaturity here. I'm just buying a pro controller, not selling or complaining to complain about a feature, thanks for the pleasantries.
#13tigg06Posted 3/13/2013 9:03:03 PM
I don't think i've experienced a warming of the gamepad myself, other than just the heat from my hands.
I didn't read through all the post because of some comments that well shouldn't be there, but when it got warm on you, was it plugged in to the charger while you held it? And you mentions your palms, So it was basically the sides of the gamepad getting warm?
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#14Nophoria88(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 9:05:30 PM
tigg06 posted...
I don't think i've experienced a warming of the gamepad myself, other than just the heat from my hands.
I didn't read through all the post because of some comments that well shouldn't be there, but when it got warm on you, was it plugged in to the charger while you held it? And you mentions your palms, So it was basically the sides of the gamepad getting warm?

Yes just from where I held it, would get really uncomfortable, my brother suggested it was how I hold it, but I lay in bed playing so it's hard to hold it any other way. I just rest it in my palms. It wasn't plugged in.
#15rudgerlightPosted 3/13/2013 9:09:54 PM
welcome to the Wii U board

I have yet to have this issue even when charging. If you're really concerned, I would try to pinpoint the source of the heat. Leave it on for a little while without touching it, then feel around the controller to see if certain areas are significantly warmer than others. Since there's no processor, it doesn't really matter if you're playing something. That shouldn't make the controller heat up......but if you find out that somehow it does, please let me know.
#16tigg06Posted 3/13/2013 9:10:11 PM
hmm odd. I know when I play video games laying across the bed I tend to hold the controller a bit harder than I would sitting up, I realize you never said you were laying down or not but I assume you're like me and if you were sitting in bed you'd be able to hold it as if you were sitting in a chair or something. I think you should try and experiment, maybe play an hour or so (or about how long it took to get warm and uncomfortable previously) and then try it again in the position you normally play in, see if it makes a difference.
Could very well be just the difference in position, but I will search around, see if maybe there anything about similar things on some other boards im on
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#17rudgerlightPosted 3/13/2013 9:15:04 PM
Nophoria88 posted...

Yes just from where I held it, would get really uncomfortable, my brother suggested it was how I hold it, but I lay in bed playing so it's hard to hold it any other way. I just rest it in my palms. It wasn't plugged in.

Nice call tigg06. (check post above)
#18Level_99_HeroPosted 3/13/2013 9:17:11 PM
Lol nintendo in order to cut cost used some alkaline b attires which some go bad with in days and cause them to leak or heat up and expand so is it gets to bad call nintendo and see if they will replace it (do most of you really not see this as a problem?).
#19Nophoria88(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 9:25:59 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I know it's heat from my hand (but it feels abnormal) and not the controller because it's just where I hold it getting warm. The gamepad is so big that I don't feel there's any breathing room in my palms when I have it resting in them, I see what you mean when sitting upright would change that. I will try playing later sitting in my chair, if it turns out that is the case then I'd have to move my TV from the highpoint of where it is and that would suck, or just buy a pro controller to aleave the uncomfortable feeling.

(For anyone who thinks I'm just complaining:) I'm not saying this is a fault of the controller, it's a personal problem that I'm trying to figure out. Never had this problem before so I felt it very odd, and yeah I lay on my back with pillows propped up when I play. I'm going to test it later, have to watch Lost with the gf now lol. I really appreciate the help and input.
#20kozzy1717Posted 3/13/2013 9:44:16 PM
Nophoria88 posted...
Thanks for the input guys, I know it's heat from my hand (but it feels abnormal) and not the controller because it's just where I hold it getting warm. The gamepad is so big that I don't feel there's any breathing room in my palms when I have it resting in them, I see what you mean when sitting upright would change that. I will try playing later sitting in my chair, if it turns out that is the case then I'd have to move my TV from the highpoint of where it is and that would suck, or just buy a pro controller to aleave the uncomfortable feeling.

(For anyone who thinks I'm just complaining:) I'm not saying this is a fault of the controller, it's a personal problem that I'm trying to figure out. Never had this problem before so I felt it very odd, and yeah I lay on my back with pillows propped up when I play. I'm going to test it later, have to watch Lost with the gf now lol. I really appreciate the help and input.

you... see this

Level_99_Hero posted...
Lol nintendo in order to cut cost used some alkaline b attires which some go bad with in days and cause them to leak or heat up and expand so is it gets to bad call nintendo and see if they will replace it (do most of you really not see this as a problem?).

If this is what happened to you, you need to do something about it asap or it could melt through your controller and seriously burn your hand. I had a friend who got acid burned by a defective TV remote that made the batteries start leaking acid
---
http://www.kozarskeep.com