Pokemon Rumble U Will Use GamePad NFC

#31xoftheuniversePosted 3/14/2013 1:14:27 PM
If they don't have every single creature available without buying and using toys, I will not only pass on the game, I will call corporate personally. I am not going to be a sucker like anyone who bought Skylanders.,
---
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#32GloryChaosPosted 3/14/2013 1:20:48 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Just wanna add that the 3DS doesn't have NFC. I doubt this will affect the main series.

It has AR cards though.

And what you guys fail to realise is that if GameFreak will sink this low for Pokemon Rumble they could go with another different cheap practice to suck extra money from their fans with the main games eventually.

Gamefreak isn't making Pokemon Rumble.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#33rudgerlightPosted 3/14/2013 1:29:17 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Just wanna add that the 3DS doesn't have NFC. I doubt this will affect the main series.

It has AR cards though.

And what you guys fail to realise is that if GameFreak will sink this low for Pokemon Rumble they could go with another different cheap practice to suck extra money from their fans with the main games eventually.

Nobody has failed to realize this, but as stated earlier, that isn't what's happening now. Not yet anyways. Pointing out it's a slippery slope is fine and has now been done. Claiming that this is a sign that things are taking a terrible turn is just making assumptions based on what other publishers are doing. But even you agreed Fire Emblem's DLC was tolerable, so why are we assuming Nintendo will rip everybody off when they've proven to take their time with this stuff?

xoftheuniverse posted...
If they don't have every single creature available without buying and using toys, I will not only pass on the game, I will call corporate personally. I am not going to be a sucker like anyone who bought Skylanders.,

Like this quote. Considering every single Pokemon game in existence didn't include all the Pokemon available right off the bat, this sentiment confuses me. They've always done something like this, even with the first Red/Blue - hence the two titles and not just one big one. That doesn't mean they should do this, just pointing out that they have done similar things already. Also, if the characters are already on the cartridge but can only be unlocked with toys, I'll join you in that call.

Lastly:
Bahamut_10th posted...
eReader isn't comparable to this new practice at all...

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I think only letting people play certain levels if they buy a separate e-reader and a pack of cards is pretty comparable to modern day DLC or these NFC toys. If I'm remembering the whole system wrong, let me know.
#34SoaringDivePosted 3/14/2013 1:38:03 PM(edited)
Bahamut_10th posted...
eReader isn't comparable to this new practice at all...

You're right. Having to buy additional merchandise and and an accessory (which have no use outside of accessing content on a game you bought, unlike toys) to access your content is much worse.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#35AmakusaPosted 3/14/2013 5:14:26 PM
I actually buy Pokemon figures, so chances are they'll make out like a bandit from people like me.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.