Do you listen to music while playing games?

#1fon1988Posted 3/13/2013 6:37:00 AM
To be more specific, do you listen to other sources of music while playing games? Such as bands, soundtracks, etc.

If so, what is it that you listen to?
#2Traptin3daysPosted 3/13/2013 6:40:11 AM
I sometimes listen to music when I play Mario Kart and such. Otherwise, the game music is important for me to get the right "feeling" from the game.

The music I listen to is usually rock music.
---
My dad gave me some advice before he died. He said, son, if you see a beautiful woman, you have to flirt with her. It's rude not to.
#3uneedtowakeupPosted 3/13/2013 6:44:51 AM
Nope, I always listen to the GAME music when playing the GAME!

Geez some people deserve a knock to the head.
#4AlexFiliPosted 3/13/2013 6:45:15 AM
Sometimes, like when I got some new Rock CDs and listened to ACDC/Guns N Roses while playing Dead Island / Assassins Creed
---
Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 (1.86Ghz), 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5450 HD
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/
#5fon1988(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 6:46:22 AM
@Traptin3days: That's nearly my exact answer too. What rock bands do you listen to if you don't mind me asking.
#6fon1988(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 6:47:34 AM
uneedtowakeup posted...
Nope, I always listen to the GAME music when playing the GAME!

Geez some people deserve a knock to the head.

Yeah some people do need a knock to the head. One's who think that anytime you are playing any GAME what so ever, you should listen to the GAME music.
#7Oni_TaedoPosted 3/13/2013 6:47:49 AM
I usually play music while playing fighting games.
Persona 4 Arena is pretty awesome with some Alice Cooper playing in the background.
It makes me wish Alice Cooper did the OST for that game, then it wouldn't have the generic animu OST it has now.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#8uneedtowakeupPosted 3/13/2013 6:49:48 AM
"Yeah some people do need a knock to the head. One's who think that anytime you are playing any GAME what so ever, you should listen to the GAME music."

What good reason is there to listen to music (especially crappy music judging by what people listen to these days) when playing a game?

and how can you feel immersed?

It's ridiculous..
#9Traptin3daysPosted 3/13/2013 7:00:43 AM
fon1988 posted...
@Traptin3days: That's nearly my exact answer too. What rock bands do you listen to if you don't mind me asking.

It differs from rock to rock. Sometimes I go old-school and listen to Kiss and Rolling Stones. But I usually do a mix of Ramones, Disturbed, Bad Religion, Trapt, A Day to Remember and Rise Against :p

What bands do you listen to? :)
---
My dad gave me some advice before he died. He said, son, if you see a beautiful woman, you have to flirt with her. It's rude not to.
#10Rasputin77Posted 3/13/2013 7:03:44 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
I usually play music while playing fighting games.

Absolutely! I can't wait to play Injustice on the Wii U while rocking tunes from my hard dri--... ooooooooh, wait. =( But honestly, I think fighting games are the best to have music for... that, and maybe a nice round of Tiger Woods.

uneedtowakeup posted...
"Yeah some people do need a knock to the head. One's who think that anytime you are playing any GAME what so ever, you should listen to the GAME music."

What good reason is there to listen to music (especially crappy music judging by what people listen to these days) when playing a game?

and how can you feel immersed?

It's ridiculous..

Why would you bother defending a stance that you know is going to get destroyed? And why are people bothering to take you seriously?
---
GameFAQs Wii U board - reminding people to use birth control since 2012.