Super Mario RPG 2 ...

#1Chenmaster2Posted 3/13/2013 9:26:06 AM
why not just leave it alone?

It wouldn't be practical in all honesty.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#2The_HyphenatorPosted 3/13/2013 9:30:30 AM
Much as I'd love to see a proper sequel to Super Mario RPG, I've resigned myself to the idea that it's never going to happen.

Plus, if Nintendo did do it, they'd have to go with somebody other than Square. '90s Square could do a good game with Mario characters, but Square-Enix today would make all of the characters mopey unlikeable tools with bad cosplay outfits, fighting an existential villain with poorly-established motives to the strains of bad J-pop.
#3Meech55Posted 3/13/2013 9:33:27 AM(edited)
Why does it have to be Super Mario RPG 2?

Why can't Nintendo just create a brand new, three-dimensional Mario RPG that is not paper themed or have any relation to the SNES game?
---
I have no signature.
#4plasmatic5Posted 3/13/2013 9:36:14 AM
Meech55 posted...
Why does it have to be Super Mario RPG 2?

Why can't Nintendo just create a brand new, three-dimensional Mario RPG that is not paper themed or have any relation to the SNES game?

Because people really really enjoyed the SNES Game (and the paper-themed ones for that matter) and when you enjoy a game a lot, you probably want a sequel so that way you can feel like you're still playing it.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#5knightimexPosted 3/13/2013 9:38:52 AM
Paper Mario plays nothing like Mario RPG.
Doesn't mean I enjoyed paper mario any less.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#6NarutoPosted 3/13/2013 9:39:16 AM
It could be like Kingdom Hearts, but replace Disney with Nintendo and Nomura with anyone else.
#7Virus66Posted 3/13/2013 9:51:49 AM
knightimex posted...
Paper Mario plays nothing like Mario RPG.
Doesn't mean I enjoyed paper mario any less.

Mario & Luigi games play a bit more like SMRPG. I've just come to terms that those were intended to take over for the game... especially considering even Geno made an appearance in Superstar Saga.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#8cancerboy87Posted 3/13/2013 10:09:12 AM
The_Hyphenator posted...
Much as I'd love to see a proper sequel to Super Mario RPG, I've resigned myself to the idea that it's never going to happen.

Plus, if Nintendo did do it, they'd have to go with somebody other than Square. '90s Square could do a good game with Mario characters, but Square-Enix today would make all of the characters mopey unlikeable tools with bad cosplay outfits, fighting an existential villain with poorly-established motives to the strains of bad J-pop.

Nailed it on the effing head
---
"Naruto isn't a ninja. He is a mage, why do you think he is able to do all those spells."-StupidMofoz
PSN: MrsCliffton NNID: pmw3505
#9-UnknownPosted 3/13/2013 11:28:15 AM
Paper Mario was a proper sequel.
---
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/420/404/bc7.gif
#10DanteSInferno84Posted 3/13/2013 11:39:30 AM
-Unknown posted...
Paper Mario was a proper sequel.

Eh, its argueable that Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG don't exist within the same universe (sorta like how RPG and Paper Mario aren't really in the same realm as Mario 64 and other 3D Mario and traditional Mario games).

I would love to see a return of the Axem Rangers though...