Lego city plauged with framerate issues, last gen hardware confirmed.

#201JKatarnPosted 3/16/2013 11:21:43 AM(edited)
shaunme posted...
Board_hunter567 posted...
The regulars on this board truly are fascinating.
Rarely do you see a statement like "aren't terribly solid" get overblown to "plagued" and then add that it got a rather surprisingly solid score of a 9 out of 10.

framerate over graphics every time, you know this .

Then why buy a console? You will make concessions on both at one time or another. If you don't like it, stick to your over-powered e-peen machine there.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#202JKatarnPosted 3/16/2013 11:17:58 AM
40Dribylf posted...
shaunme posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
Are you saying games released 5 months into the PS3/360 lifespans started development at launch?

Go ahead, name one that fully used the system's power. You can't, can you? Because getting the most out of a modern system takes longer than that.

LEGO is an early Wii U game from a not very technically talented developer.

call of duty, launch title, 60fps.

Call of Duty 2 looks like s*** and did not take advantage of the 360 at all. It ran at 60FPS and had extremely basic geometry.

Black Ops 2 runs at 60FPS on the Wii U so (and it also looks like s***)

Anyway, this is one of the reasons why I dislike the LEGO games in general. They all have s***ty framerates. The devs do not do a good job optimizing their engines.

This game's reviews are all over the place, I might not even bother.

I've played the demos for several LEGO games on my PS3, the LOTR LEGO game on my PS3, Lego Star Wars on my Wii, and while the framerate did dip down at times it was always playable and certainly not sh*tty. Unless your criterion for subpar framerates is any dips at all.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#203shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 11:25:59 AM
JKatarn posted...
shaunme posted...
Board_hunter567 posted...
The regulars on this board truly are fascinating.
Rarely do you see a statement like "aren't terribly solid" get overblown to "plagued" and then add that it got a rather surprisingly solid score of a 9 out of 10.

framerate over graphics every time, you know this .

Then why buy a console? You will make concessions on both at one time or another. If you don't like it, stick to your over-powered e-peen machine there.

over powered?, im truely sorry that you had to go with 660.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#204DiscostewSMPosted 3/16/2013 11:31:07 AM
So if TT Games just so happened to develop on the PS4, and it also had similar frame rate and loading problems, then what?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#205squatch22Posted 3/16/2013 11:33:12 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
So if TT Games just so happened to develop on the PS4, and it also had similar frame rate and loading problems, then what?

''Its a new console so small problems should be expected''
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#206shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 11:40:08 AM
DiscostewSM posted...

I would make the same topic.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#207DiscostewSMPosted 3/16/2013 11:42:06 AM
shaunme posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

And conclude that it is last generation hardware? Can we hold you to that statement?
---
#208shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 11:51:26 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
shaunme posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

And conclude that it is last generation hardware? Can we hold you to that statement?

all console hardware is last gen silly xx
---
#209DiscostewSMPosted 3/16/2013 11:57:09 AM
shaunme posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
shaunme posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

touché
---
#210squatch22Posted 3/16/2013 12:00:19 PM
shaunme posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
shaunme posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

So the point of this topic is to needlessly hate on Nintendo. Gotcha
---
Nintendo: Leading the way for others to follow.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg