Amazon and asda cut uk WiiU price after poor sales.

#61jon davisPosted 3/14/2013 3:13:58 PM
Lefty128k posted...
jon davis posted...
MotiJr posted...
So people not in the UK are posting about the UK too feed their troll fire? Interesting. Considering barely anyone buys something games from Asda because they are a supermarket, you need to check your facts about them being so 'significant'. Unless of course you're talking about grocesries >_>.

Wrong, many people buy games at Asda.

Asda is owned by Walmart and im sure plenty of people in America buy games at the supermarket.

In America Walmart isn't perceived as a supermarket for the most part. It's a retailer that happens to sell some groceries. Even a so-called "super" Walmart is still only about 25% food, 75% retail goods. And yes, lots of Americans buy games there.

Actual supermarkets where food is the primary sales item, generally don't sell games. And if they do it's most likely because they have a small video rental store on premises and they are selling old games that won't rent anymore.

Even so, people still buy games from Asda so its hardly "barley anyone" as you said.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#62Jason_HudsonPosted 3/14/2013 3:19:55 PM(edited)
It would say "Sale" on Amazon if it were a sale. This is a price cut.

Not surprising, people aren't going to buy a console with an uncertain future. I saw a list of games coming out for the Wii U, and with both third party and exclusives, I counted very few. That doesn't bode well.

I found the list, how accurate it is may change on a day to day basis: http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/4519/2013c.jpg

Note that some games have been confirmed for the Wii U (Watch Dogs is one), so you might want to check them yourself.

Does that look like a console you'd want to buy?
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#63Lefty128kPosted 3/14/2013 3:17:48 PM
jon davis posted...
Lefty128k posted...
jon davis posted...
MotiJr posted...
So people not in the UK are posting about the UK too feed their troll fire? Interesting. Considering barely anyone buys something games from Asda because they are a supermarket, you need to check your facts about them being so 'significant'. Unless of course you're talking about grocesries >_>.

Wrong, many people buy games at Asda.

Asda is owned by Walmart and im sure plenty of people in America buy games at the supermarket.

In America Walmart isn't perceived as a supermarket for the most part. It's a retailer that happens to sell some groceries. Even a so-called "super" Walmart is still only about 25% food, 75% retail goods. And yes, lots of Americans buy games there.

Actual supermarkets where food is the primary sales item, generally don't sell games. And if they do it's most likely because they have a small video rental store on premises and they are selling old games that won't rent anymore.

Even so, people still buy games from Asda so its hardly "barley anyone" as you said.

You are addressing the wrong person.
#64jon davisPosted 3/14/2013 4:21:16 PM
My point still stands
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.